Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2020 Sportage SX AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use eyelids designed for the 2017 Sportage with the 2020 Sportage (are the headlights the same size)? My wife has told me "If we get the Sportage we get eyebrows or eyelids cause it looks like a face looking at you" ;-)

· Registered
2017 Sportage EX
1,856 Posts
What is it supposed to do? Would you really stick something on your car for no purpose?
I'm not a big fan of eyelids, but yes, I have some items on my car just for looks. I put the K badges on the car, a trim ring on the steering wheel, a chrome strip on the rocker panel (the SX has it and the EX didn't). I also removed most of the badges on the car. How a car looks is important to most people. If you just wanted function, there is no need for any trim and any shaped body panels. You could just have an ugly box on wheels.

· Registered
2017 Sportage EX
1,856 Posts
I meant an accessory that didn't come on the car that has no function - especially putting something dark on the headlight lens. Seems rather juvenile.
I understood what you meant, but made the point that making your car look better in your eyes is really no different than choosing a color for your car or liking the way it looks EVEN IF YOU BUY IT THAT WAY. We used to put pinstripes on the car that had absolutely no function but made it look better to us. When we wear an expensive watch or jewelry, they have no function, but we do it. Eyelids do not change the function of the headlights -- it's only for looks. Again, I don't personally like them because to my eyes they take away from the design of the car and makes the car look cheaper. But it's not my car nor is it my eyes. If it makes you feel better about the car and you have the money to do it, then I say go for it....

Reactions: bluwaters

· Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
131 Posts
What is it supposed to do? Would you really stick something on your car for no purpose?
On my model there is a chrome strip (same shape as the 'eyelids') that i am not a fan of (HATE CHROME) so i was looking at this as a solution to 'blacking out' that area. But looked a bit more and it doesn't look like it will do the job.

· Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
131 Posts
Anyone have a picture of what they look like?
Check the link i shared in my earlier post.. they have a few pics of it to give you an idea... as i mentioned, i don't think they will fit the 2020 SX as they light cluster is different and therefor the Chrome area is different, so I don't think it will give me what i am looking for.

· Registered
547 Posts
Check the link i shared in my earlier post.. they have a few pics of it to give you an idea... as i mentioned, i don't think they will fit the 2020 SX as they light cluster is different and therefor the Chrome area is different, so I don't think it will give me what i am looking for.
Thanks, I think I would have to see them live, from the pictures I am not a fan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.