Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my (US Version) '05 EX, there are several blank switch plates in the interior. I was curious if any of the other versions used these:

1) Outboard from the seat heater switches - one on either side
2) Rear hatch release on driver's door-looks like a spot for another switch there.
3) Passenger (front) door, same spot as the hatch release on the driver's door.

Also, anyone having problems with their digital clock resetting? About three or four times a week, I find my clock has either reset minutes back to :00 or has set minutes and hours back to 1:00. Will have it looked at when I take it for 1st service, but was interested to see if anyone else has had the problem.

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
Starting from the left, if you had all the options: Headlamp Washers, Heated Seat, Rear Screen Heater, Hazard Warning, Windscreen Defroster (blade area), Heated Seat, Rear Foglamp. The blank on your door is for the Remote Fuel Filler Release which I know you don't have in the US. These switches vary from market to market. However, the Headlamp Washers for example are all wired up behind the blank so it would be possible to retro-fit them as it is with many other options such as the Steering Wheel Audio Remote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by jonno@Oct 30 2004, 02:13 AM
Starting from the left, if you had all the options: Headlamp Washers, Heated Seat, Rear Screen Heater, Hazard Warning, Windscreen Defroster (blade area), Heated Seat, Rear Foglamp. The blank on your door is for the Remote Fuel Filler Release which I know you don't have in the US. These switches vary from market to market. However, the Headlamp Washers for example are all wired up behind the blank so it would be possible to retro-fit them as it is with many other options such as the Steering Wheel Audio Remote.
I have a 54 plate xe which also has a few blank switches, I would have liked the heated seat option, will this switch be wired up and does anyone know how much it will cost to have heated seats fitted?
Also a tip: I visited my local kia dealer for reversing sensors to be fitted, the kia option is about £250, but have almost same in looks (small round black discs fittted to the bumper) but different make cost me £145 fitted, I am very pleased with the device, worth enquiring. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts