Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Kia Sportage Platinum 2.0 l turbo diesel
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Some mounting suggestions for an external communications aerial, to be used for CB or scanner use, with the 2011 sportage. Photo would be handy. I do have a nudge bar fitted at present with 2 small LED driving lights. Over to you guys.

Jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage LX; 2016 Sorento EX
36 Posts
Thanks for the pics, is that the K412SNMO ? Never considered trying to mount like that, looks sharp. Is the reception OK?

I use my handheld HAM radio in the car. I have a cheap magnet mount antenna but it is ugly, would like something more permanently mounted, will check out the setup you have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the pics, is that the K412SNMO ? Never considered trying to mount like that, looks sharp. Is the reception OK?

I use my handheld HAM radio in the car. I have a cheap magnet mount antenna but it is ugly, would like something more permanently mounted, will check out the setup you have.
yes it is.
antenna theory says that all these car mounts need a ground plain (roof of car or hood, or flat trunk lid) but my setup works fine for what I'm expecting. I don't have a way to compare it to same antenna on my roof or hood.

other option is to get a 90 degree mount that could mount up front by the hood. it screws into some sheet metal inside the hood and the mount sits just outside the hood. something like this AUT2-L Stainless Steel CB Antenna Fender Mount for 2007 Toyota

1 - 7 of 7 Posts