Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, about to purchase the new Kia Seltos, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the extended warranty ? Looking to get the 5 star warranty. Thoughts or recommendations?

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
446 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I sold cars for over 2 decades, and used to manage a KIA dealership here in Calgary.

Don't waste the money on an extended warranty. I have never bought one in 30 years, and do not regret it one bit. If you think that you might need it later on, you can usually buy some sort of manufacturer's coverage just BEFORE the original 100,000 km/5 year warranty expires.

Wait, and don't believe any of the lies the F+I person will try to tell you. These are usually marked up between $1,000-2,500 as well in the finance office.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!
I probably should add that I do probably about 50,000 or so km a year. So that's a main reason I was looking into it, that being said the sales person had said that if you add it later you pay 50% more ....any truth to that ?

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,932 Posts
Thank you!!
I probably should add that I do probably about 50,000 or so km a year. So that's a main reason I was looking into it, that being said the sales person had said that if you add it later you pay 50% more ....any truth to that ?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
446 Posts
If you are doing 50KM a year you must be doing Uber or something else, in which case 99% of manufacturer's warranties, extended or not, won't cover you anyways.

As to costing 50% more later on, that is a lie as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts