Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, it's my first post. I just bought 2012 Kia Sportage SX and the dealer talked to me into buying an extended warranty, they called it "wrap coverage" and it's a 'bumper to bumper' coverage for 10 yrs or 100k miles. He mentioned that 5 year 60k is a limited warranty and not a true bumper to bumper. I do plan to keep the car for that long. I paid $1,250 but I am wondering if I overpaid.:(:( I know when I bought Honda Odyssey, I found out you can get better rate from a dealership out of state. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sportage LX AWD
35 Posts
I also purchased the warranty for my 2012 LX and paid $1200 for it i think. I don't think it is that outrageous of a price to pay for a warranty, as long as you keep the car for 10/100,000 miles.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
I think you paid around the average price. I too had initially purchased the extended warranty but decided to cancel as the 5yr/60k miles far exceeds the normal 3yr/36k warranty you get from most car makers. Also, since you are the original owner you will be covered for 10yr/100k powertrain warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts