Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I have done a lot of searching and can't find an answer. I have a kia spectra5 2006 - I am looking to use the work around as my tail lights do not work but brake lights do. I have seen posted everywhere that putting a fuse in the EXT socket will fix it !!

People write that the EXT socket has a rubber plug in it - when I open the engine fuse and relay box I don't see it anywhere !!

HELP - how do I find the EXT socket ????

Thank you,

Jenna

·
Super Moderator
6,842 Posts
I have not heard of an "EXT" socket on any (2004.5~2009) Spectra..There is something similar for Canadian KIAs that works with the DRL (daytime running lights) on other models but not the Spectras...
There are fuses in the dash fuse box for the rear "running lights" (left and right) and they could be blown.. There have also been quite a few posts about a bad BCM (body control module) that controls many light and body functions.. including the rear tail lights... But these are just "guesses"..
Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
EXT Fuse only exist on Spectra 2001-2003. And it is actually a ground, it is used for testing.

My suggestion: Try minimizing. Remove all tailights, and try one at the time in the same assembly. If you put a bulb and that one worked, then remove it and put another one in the same socket, you'll see there is one that will not light up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
esalas
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing