Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD 2.0L.
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an experiment. I grew tired of waiting for K&N to officially make a Performance Air Intake for the 2G Kia Sportage (1G Hyundai Tucson), so I decided to use the one they make for the 2G Kia Spectra / Cerato (3G Hyundai Elantra) -
K&N 69-5305TP Typhoon; Short Ram; Polished. Installation is virtually the same. However, modifications need to be made to secure the heat shield. I love the way the vehicle sounds and accelerates. No "Check Engine Light" or any other malfunctions to report.

Sorry K&N R&D I couldn't wait for you, but feel free to contact me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,240 Posts
Performance likely to take a hit drawing in warm/hot air from the engine compartment and downstream of the radiator, vs the stock intake drawing cold air.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
377 Posts
Performance likely to take a hit drawing in warm/hot air from the engine compartment and downstream of the radiator, vs the stock intake drawing cold air.
Plus the oil on the filter will migrate to your Mass air flow sensor creating drivability issues. But, you did a nice job on the retrofit!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD 2.0L.
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus the oil on the filter will migrate to your Mass air flow sensor creating drivability issues. But, you did a nice job on the retrofit!
Agreed.

This is what the first modification looked like:

20160529_100124.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts