Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone know where the ET sensors are located on a 2009 2.0 150bhp CRDi? (UK model but the cars are pretty much the same round the world) I can’t seem to see them anywhere logical.

The story is that the clutch and flywheel were replaced yesterday and 30 miles later the mil came on with a P2034 error (exhaust temperature sensor 2 bank 1 low). Local garage said the garage that did the clutch must have damaged it or its wiring when they took the gearbox out and to go back to them, but they said that’s impossible on the phone and don’t want to look at it. So being able to locate it and the wiring would be a help.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,069 Posts
Actually Oxygen sensors, Seeing you have a 4 cylinder Diesel motor there is only a "bank 1" there will be a senor in the Exhaust manifold mounted near the engine and Sensor 2 (which you post code for) located further back under the car in the exhaust pipe.
It MAY not be a bad sensor itself, but getting poor readings from a leak in the exhaust from possible "jostling"(cracked pipe or leaking exhaust flange) around when doing the clutch work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Oxygen sensors, Seeing you have a 4 cylinder Diesel motor there is only a "bank 1" there will be a senor in the Exhaust manifold mounted near the engine and Sensor 2 (which you post code for) located further back under the car in the exhaust pipe.
It MAY not be a bad sensor itself, but getting poor readings from a leak in the exhaust from possible "jostling"(cracked pipe or leaking exhaust flange) around when doing the clutch work.
Thank a for the info. The garage said oxygen sensors and temperature sensors were different things, but it would explain why I can only find the two oxygen sensors in any online diagram. Both are quite close together on the exhaust manifold behind the engine and both look undisturbed. The exhaust system almost touched the transfer case on the gearbox so I can see how that could have been damaged. There is also an exhaust leak before the rear silencer that has been fixed(ish) with gun gun - could that cause this error?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Hold on, this is also a turbo diesel? If so look near the turbo on the Hot(exhaust) side. Don't have many Diesels here in the US to have a lot of info on them.
As for Oxygen sensors, false readings from open exhaust(cracked pipe or flanges) would be in areas before the the sensor not down stream from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so lots more research and I think I’m getting an understanding. The car has oxygen sensors and a temperature sensor at the manifold, and then a temperature sensor in the middle of the DPF (I initially thought it was a pressure sensor). It’s the one in the DPF that is throwing the error code. What does it mean by ‘circuit low’? Is this low temperature or low voltage/resistance from a faulty sensor or wiring?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,398 Posts
Ok so lots more research and I think I’m getting an understanding. The car has oxygen sensors and a temperature sensor at the manifold, and then a temperature sensor in the middle of the DPF (I initially thought it was a pressure sensor). It’s the one in the DPF that is throwing the error code. What does it mean by ‘circuit low’? Is this low temperature or low voltage/resistance from a faulty sensor or wiring?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX Diesel turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
goog to hear that you're finding some info on your motor. As I said, not a lot of diesel usage over here in USA. BUT "circuit low" descriptions refer to wire connection problems. Whether they be in harness wiring, connection point or inside the senor itself has to be diagnosed for each to pinpoint the fault.
Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts