Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm checking prices for a new center pipe between the cat and muffler. The dealer wants $150 and its in stock. I called NAPA and their price is $29 and it takes about a week to get. I'm in no big hurry to get the part, but I want it to be right and fit correctly. This looks like a no-brainer, but has anyone used non-dealer exhaust parts with good results?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the very long pipe that runs the length of the car and has a silencer welded in the middle of it. It has several bends and twists.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ingored my own advice and only got the center pipe with the attached pre-silencer, only to find that the bolts at the muffler end were too rusted to break free. Lesson: always replace the whole cat back system.

I found a good source for parts at www.rockauto.com. Their prices seem reasonable so I ordered the muffler and we'll see how they come through.

1fastkia, these parts look pretty model-specific because of the hanger locations, etc. But I guess a good mechanic can make anything fit!

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
the ywill jsut relocate hangers. I have a full performance 2.25" catback custom made at muffler shop. install and all psrts(10ft 2.25" pipe, cat, (i removed resontaor for nice sound) 200.00 for all with cat. I had my own performance muffler gotten from www.ebay.com I payed 30.00 for my muffler heres a pic of my muffler before install ill try and get a pic of it installed from my phone cam later today.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Mar 16 2005, 12:16 PM
the ywill jsut relocate hangers. I have a full performance 2.25" catback custom made at muffler shop. install and all psrts(10ft 2.25" pipe, cat, (i removed resontaor for nice sound) 200.00 for all with cat. I had my own performance muffler gotten from www.ebay.com I payed 30.00 for my muffler heres a pic of my muffler before install ill try and get a pic of it installed from my phone cam later today.

Thanks for the pic. What kind of difference are you seeing in performance with this setup? I thought the double cats are the most restrictive part so I never even considered a bigger catback.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
Well I bought a high flow cat to go along with the exhaust. I have a 4-2-1 header with the pre-cat removed no resonator. the header is dynoed at 12whp. with stock exhaust. so with high flow cat and the bigger piping its prolly around 15-20. somewheres around there.
I have a pick in the garage on this site check it out.

also they are very restictive the stock manifold and the 2 cats and the tiny pipe.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts