Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an exhaust mod on their V6 3.8? It's just to damn quite for me. Any cat back systems out there?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have modded my seconday cats

Hey there. I am currently in South Korea and here there are MANY mods for the Borrego/ Mohave. I have a 3.8 4x4 LX and I just intalled a cone air filter today after romving the stock airbox with the KN filter. Big difference BTW. Also I gutted the secondary cats. It doesn't make it much louder but you can hear a slight difference and it responds better as well. In the states you can't find crap. Your best bet would be to get a custom mandrrel bent exhaust system from a reputable tuner shop or I can find out how much shipping would be to SoCal and holler back at you. Here is the website (Korean) for the guy I go to www.cafe.daum.net/weldingprocesses. He is a master welder and has a tricked out KV300 (3.0 DOHC TDI) and he has custom makes his own product.... even has a Korean patent. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Being I'm here in socal I can't mess with the cats at all. I have a exhaust guy here that I have used for years, but was hoping for cat back bolt-on syst. I was also interested if anyone has done any mods to their exhaust on the 3.8 V6 and how it came out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Limited, and just had a Magnaflow 40 series muffler installed today in place of the stock muffler. I left the stock resonator in place, on the advice of the guys at the exhaust shop. They installed an unobtrusive chrome tip, as well. It sounds fantastic. Very nice kind of muted rumble. It has a noticeable, albeit quiet, rumble at idle and at speed. Put the throttle to the floor and it sounds beautiful. The interior remains very quiet (I have had the windows down all day to hear it). Paid $215 dollars for the entire job. It seems to have a moderate amount of torque increase, and runs smoother. I love this truck even more. It is a well built, quiet, nimble truck that competes well with the big dollar truck-based SUVs out there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can you post a video or sound clip? I would also like to see a picture of how the modified exhaust tip looks. Do you happen to know which muffler you bought? They have a lot of 40 series listed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Amattia
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing