Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anybody replaced the larger of the two flexi pipes on their 3.5(2003) with one of those repair sections available on e-bay and the like? I'm trying to work out the best option but it's driving me spare now! What size is the best fit i.e. both length and diameter? Do you go for a size that fits within the existing pipe and weld or do you sleeve over the pipe and use clamps or weld? Probably a lot of grinding required with this option? How much pipe do you cut out either side of the leaky braided bit etc etc. I'm thinking getting a section that fits inside the cut pipe then welding but am unsure of the internal diameter of the existing pipe (anyone know for sure?)There are various diameters available it seems 2", 1 7/8", 1 3/4", what is the thickness of metal used ,which fits best? The 10" length seems about right but there are two end finishes, one with more pipe than the other,the longer ends pipe seems a better fit on paper.I just don't want to end up buying the wrong one. So hopefully someone has had experience that they can pass on. Here's hoping!
S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts