Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of help!

My exhaust has gone on my 1.8 Shuma GSX (2000), I can not seem to track one down other than through a Kia Dealer who wa=nt to charge me £460 for a middle and back section. This seems a bit dear to me.

I have managed to track down a Bosal copy for £80 but this is for the 1.5 model, does anyone know if the 1.5 and 1.8 use the same exhaust??????

any help would be appreciated

Marcus

·
Registered
94 Posts
While I don't have the answer for you, a call to the dealer would tell you for sure. Just ask if the 1.5 and 1.8 exhaust are the same part.

You could also check with a Hyundai dealer and see if they have anything cheaper - you never know!

Since it's 5 years old now, you may also be able to find some on eBay. I've found lots of Kia parts on there from all over the world.

Good luck and let us know what you find,

Devin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice,

I have asked a couple of Kia dealers and they would not give me an answer, makes me think they are hideing something!!! They seened to say all theyr exhausts were different even on the 1.8 as it depends on your chasis number!

I will try the hyundi dealers thats a good idea, thanks

No luck on ebay so far but will keep on trying

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
I had a new mid and back section put on my 1.5 shuma last year and went to to national autocentres. They charge £160 for the lot fitted. Maybe worth just trying a local exhaust company (kwik fit etc) they will probably do the job for far less than your Kia dealer have quoted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts