Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus TDCi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am a Dane that resides in Norway.

I have been an owner of several Ford cars for the past 14 years. My current car is a 2007 Focus. I bought it from new with a bodykit, 18" rims. I chipped the engine and lowered it for better handling. And I just love the way it handles and drives.

However, these past 3 years, the repairs and faults have started to increase in an alarming rate. I have been lucky to get the most expensive ones on the warranty but now that its past its warranty it is becoming costly and ever more worrying. One time the entire wiring of the car had to be replaced. Thank goodness it was under warranty then.

I recently had to replace my alternator and now my extra heater have given up the ghost for the second time. (extra heater a must in Norway.) And its gonna be costly. And I am constantly thinking, what will go next.

I have many times looked at Kia due to their incredible 7 year warranty. I would still have 2 worry free years ahead of me if Ford would dare to put the same trust in their cars. And in my experience there is a reason why Ford doesnt do that :p One of our customers at work run a Kia dealership and they say that Kias are a seldom sight in the garage apart from their service intervals.

The thing that put me off Kia before was that the design had been wanting. But looking at the new Sportage, Rio and now Ceed, things have surely changed. So I'm seriously looking into swapping my not-so-trusty Focus for the security of a new 7-year warranty Kia Ceed.

I dont know how active this forum is, but I plan to lurk around and perhaps ask around and hopefully get some feedback. Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,970 Posts
welcome to the forum and yes the Kia's are some great lookers and there is a lot of great info to be found on the forum .

·
Registered
Ford Focus TDCi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum and yes the Kia's are some great lookers and there is a lot of great info to be found on the forum .
Thanks man. My main worry is the handling compared to the Ford. But I guess much can be amended with some low profile tires. 17 or 18" with proper rubber instead of those fuel saving ones. Perhaps some mild lowering springs will become available for the Ceed as well eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts