Kia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Just picture a 18 Year old with a V6 Sorento and you can imagine what my gas mileage is like.
LOL. Love my Sorento and getting decent mileage (28mpg on highway), but when we move next year I'll be commuting 30 miles each way to the office. Will likely pick up a TDI Passat with 6sp manual for that (my co-worker is getting 50+mpg with his 2012) and give the Sorento to my wife. If Kia can come up with something competitive that gets similar mileage, I'll take a look.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
LOL. Love my Sorento and getting decent mileage (28mpg on highway), but when we move next year I'll be commuting 30 miles each way to the office. Will likely pick up a TDI Passat with 6sp manual for that (my co-worker is getting 50+mpg with his 2012) and give the Sorento to my wife. If Kia can come up with something competitive that gets similar mileage, I'll take a look.

Best,
Good choice! I heard nothing but good things about VW's TDI + DSG or manual. Its a win-win situation.

I can achieve good gas mileage too. I just have to baby the crap out of it. Its like putting a plate of food infront of a hungry dog. You just want to mash the gas all the time but at the same time you dont want to cause gas is so expensive. Somewhat fast cars suck :(

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
Considering the car I got before this has about 21mpg and now I am getting 28-29+mpg it is rather nice. The GDI to me is the better buy with AWD :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts