Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In dyer need of the wiring diagram for my dad. He works on any and everything I have ever driven. But I can find nothing for this Sorento....My check engine light is on code ( p0446 ) and my father has narrowed down the issue; but he needs some type of guide to go by as far as the wiring! Please someone anyone help!

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,514 Posts
In dyer need of the wiring diagram for my dad. He works on any and everything I have ever driven. But I can find nothing for this Sorento....My check engine light is on code ( p0446 ) and my father has narrowed down the issue; but he needs some type of guide to go by as far as the wiring! Please someone anyone help!
You don't mention anything in your post about having difficulty fueling the vehicle. Your problem may not be electricle. I found this on the net.

DTC P0446 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit MalfunctionEvap vent valve has only one purpose. It closes in order to seal the vent so the EVAP system can pressurize and ensure there are no leaks. Evap vent valve is usually supplied Batt. voltage with key on. The ECM's driver controls the ground, and when grounded, activates the valve (closing it). If the ECM detects a short to ground, and open,or a short to battery voltage on the control circuit, P0446 will set. Code also may refer to ECM detecting that EVAP system is unable to achieve or maintain vacuum during test. There will be no obvious symptoms to driver, other than MIL illumination.

A code P0446 could mean one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty vent valve
Open, short or excessive resistance on Vent valve control circuit
Blockage of vent valve

P0446 OBD-II trouble code, here are some things to try:
Replace Vent valve
Repair open, short, or resistance problem in control circuit
Repair open, or short, or resistance problem in power circuit
Replace PCM

You can test the vent valve(located on the charcoal canister under the vehicle, right passenger seat) by turning the key to the ON position(not start). It should click.
It should click. There is also another valve, (See attachment)in the engine compartment, under the cover, that the clip gets loose and throws a cose. The red arrow is pointing to the clip and the yellew to the zip tie keeping it tight to the valve. This valve opens to allow built up fumes to vent to the intake.
If you are having difficulty fueling, the canister vent line may be plugged with charcoal pellets. It can be repaired or replaced depending on the skills of the person doing the work.

Hope this helps.

It is free and I believe there are wiring diagrams available.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts