Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a EuroSytle antenna for my Sorento. I was wondering if any one has one on their Sorento? Is the reception just as good as a stock one??

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Im now going to get one.
They look alot better than the stock antenna which seems like it is 10 feet long. lol

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
29 Posts
I have a 2005 EX and i noticed a big drop in stations when out of the city. On I-5 from LA to SF...could only get a few stations with the euro ant....switched to Sirus

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
My antenna is 12" and not flexible at all...and like Project03 said I don't find a difference in the reception at all either...and man does it ever look but that that stock flying whip or an antenna I freakin' hated that antenna soooo much flapping in the wind like it had a mind of it's own it got so bad I took it off until the new one arrived a week later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
sierrahiker - u got stock radio?

LX - what antenna you got? mine is teh euro..and ifeel liek its a little weaker than the 7897897foot stock antenna. also can urs go in car washes?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I got mine out of a local dealer...I don't know the supplier I thought it was AVS but not that sure...Car washes dunno my sorie has only seen my wash mit...I never go to a cash wash but I would assume it would as it's really stiff.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
6 Posts
Hey 04Sorento,
I purchased mine from AntennaX.com. Here is a link: Click Here.
I wanted to keep the stock look, so I opted for the 15" OEM Whip Replacement Mast. Looks just like the mamouth stock one, but a hell of a lot shorter. They got the Euro-style rubber one, also. Very affordable mod... haven't had reception problems, myself. They included a bunch of adapters with my antenna... so you can test-fit to see which one looks the best from your Sorento to the new antenna. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts