Kia Forum banner

Europian SATNAV System update

17K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bradley_H 
#1 ·
One of the Dutch KIA Sportage III Forum members had problems with his navigation system it stays black.
A week ago he got a new one for his car.

Can you see the differense?:eek:
Text Electronics Font Technology Electronic device
Text Multimedia Technology Font Electronic device

Easter eggs :cool:. Touch the screen on the area according to the picture (start from 1 to 5).
Technology Vehicle Electronic device Screenshot Car
info screen missing press ok Technology Electronic device Vehicle Car Multimedia

:rolleyes:
Input password 253216 and press OK.
Result Electronics Vehicle Car Technology Electronic device

You always can stop it by pressing the configuration button.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, the member has an update of the map. He's checked it against the previous version.
^_^
Streets in the previous version not visible are now visible.

And unfortunately, yes the web page shows nothing.
:confused:

#5 · (Edited)
There are two types of updates.
The update for the navigation maps.
The updates for the navigation system.

Navigation maps from the start of the Sportage III no updates.
You have to go to the Navteq site and buy them. if they have updates.

The system updates you can only get that done by a dealer. If they have it.
But I have not heard that the system update, what is installed in the newer models, is also availabil for the dealer's.

#8 ·
Want to know how the satnav's inside looks like?:confused:

Scroll a little bit down Link:eek:

Thanks to the russian forum;)

#9 ·
I have a Sportage 2.0 L Diesel bought in Spain last November. I have tried your (Bowie97) "fix" to upgrade to a newer version of the Navi system. I get to the password screen, type in the passord- 253216 and OK, but it does nothing- the top of the screen continues to say "Press Password key". Do you have any tips for how I can get to the next stage (is the password different in each country, for example) or is it something I should ask my dealer to do for me? Thanks in anticipation

#10 · (Edited)
They are not my codes. They came from a russian side.
As stated here Link

You can not update with these codes you only can see wat it is or in some options adjust or test some things (BE CARFULL DOING THAT IS ON YOUR ONE RISK). Some codes dit not work at my system. oders did work

The update for your system software is done by the dealer trough USB port.
KIA has not given a update out yet. Wat I heart it is comming june/july
Navetq has also no updates.

But do you know this

My spanisch is not presend so i dont know wat to think about that.

#11 ·
Here you can find a demo video of the europian satnav radio

Link

And for the people still waiting and for those who already have here the manual

LINK

#12 ·
Well I'm still having problems with my Sat Nav system. The actual Sat Nav side of things is fine, all be it that the traffic isn't turned on in the UK, it's just the whole system is so buggy and really slow; it desperately needs an update. And for some reason I can't get my iPhone 4 to stream audio via bluetooth, even though the phones connects fine to the system and I can make phonecalls and everything else, but for music I have to use the iPod cable which frustrates me because I hate clutter.

Can someone in Europe, not in the UK, tell me what version of firmware, software, and bluetooth their system is showing; I'm pretty confident every one else in Europe has a newer update to their system, but we don't have one here in the UK.

So yeah, what version of the software are you guys running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.