Snowball.exe 590 kB

no warranty :eek:

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
How to get inside the LG system

What I find will not be kept for myself.

Translation is your part of the task.
open this link
read very well
Then you will find this
Its a download page
Download it
On a usb stick like a update and you have win commander. ;)
Even with the update of august it works.:D

Thanks to those guys who did it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Bowie,
thanks a lot for the information. I have downloaded the new firmware version and installed it, like the last time. Worked fine. The navigation system shows the version 6.8.
However, I couldn´t find out, what the changes are all about.
Regarding the SyStem folder and it´s .exe files and the win commander stuff, I need some help.
What for are the .exe files in the SyStem folder for an how do I get them installed. And how do I get the win commander installed. Do I have to put everything, which contains the win commander folder on to the USB Stick and the start it like I do with an update?
Last but not least, if the installation of these componets would be done, how would I get access to them, since I don´t know how to get access to the WIN CE level.
Thanks a lot for your help
Best regards
Griffith460

·
Registered
47 Posts
The update process how much time does it take ? It must be done with the engine turned on? Because the navi will turn off automatically if engine is off, after few minutes (gives warning message...)

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The update process how much time does it take ? It must be done with the engine turned on? Because the navi will turn off automatically if engine is off, after few minutes (gives warning message...)
+/- 30 min
Yes, according the instructions.
But there are some (not confirmed by seeing it) who did it and the system didn't shut down, so they told.

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello Bowie,
1. However, I couldn´t find out, what the changes are all about.
2. What for are the .exe files in the SyStem folder for an how do I get them installed.
3. And how do I get the win commander installed.
Do I have to put everything, which contains the win commander folder on to the USB Stick and the start it like I do with an update?
4. Last but not least, if the installation of these componets would be done, how would I get access to them, since I don´t know how to get access to the WIN CE level.
Griffith460
Hello Griffith460
win commander = total commander
1. There is no change log, They repaired some bugs i read in the Dutch forum.

2. They files in the system folder are internal commands for the navigation system activation by pressing a button on the navigation system.
For examole With Snowball.exe you can get in the system configuration screen by pressing the button.
When you know the codes you can get in to windows CE. But there is a solution. see 4.

3. Like the real update place the files in the root of a usb stick look here is a German manual Picture say a lot.
(you have to translate it yourself, i didn't had the time to do it)
Here is a complete link to the download place that in the root on a usb stick

4. replacing the snowball.exe with a hacked one. See manueel

In a lot of Europian forums they are looking how to fully use WolfNu.

Every help is welcome

·
Registered
50 Posts
i hope they fixed the mona.exe crashing when playing certain (didn't figure which properties) MP3s from USB.

i didn't have problems with the original FW but since the update last year i get this crash sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Bowie,

more or less everything worked fine. Thanks for putting all these information into this forum, and for your help.
However, I am still facing one problem. After installing the CorePlayer, it startet once but never again. After thousends of restarts it allways asks me for a serial number, which should be in the config.xml. I even changed it to the other serial numbers, which are in the folder SN.txt.But noone worked.
Now I am facing a couple of problems.
a). might it be, that it doesn´t start because I changed the language setting in the xml File.
b).do you know, what version the coreplayer is?
d).Do you know a way, how I can fill in the serial number (if I would have a working one) in the coreplayer startup screen. The virtual keyboard does not respond in terms of this funktion. Can I install a USB keyboard driver to try a real keyboard (but I don´t want to mix up my navigation system).
e). Any other ideas to get the player working?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards Griffith460

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Bowie,

the situation has changed a bit.
Now I know, how to enter the serial number without using a keyboard.
But every serialnumber I have just works once. So I enter the password and the player starts. But as soon as the systems boots again (after every time I turn off the radio for a longer time) I have to enter the serial number again.
Any ideas?

Best regards
Griffith460

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope

bowie97

1 - 10 of 10 Posts