Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was wondering if anybody has figured a new way of entering test mode on the nav unit as with this update the old way has been disabled
So far no.

·
Registered
Sportage 2011 - 1.7 CRDi '3' Sat Nav' 2WD
65 Posts
Well you will all be pleased to know that the update worked for me :D

I now have a system that does what I want it to do. The bluetooth streaming works fine, have to fully test it yet as there appeared to be some interference upon first trying it. That seems to be the only thing changed, until I start using it fully, and it seemed to scroll a lot faster through menus.

I will test the navigation when I go out in a bit, but it would appear that the traffic/TMC service is still turned off :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
i also got the update today.
2 things i noticed are the phone name is displayed in the dial box and some POIs displayed on the map. I think the waypoint fonts are also changed. BT appears in the source menu, besides usb, cd, aux so bt streaming seems implemented, didn't try it though.

3.7GB update took about 30-40min, the map database version didn't increase, everything else did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also got the update today.
2 things i noticed are the phone name is displayed in the dial box and some POIs displayed on the map. I think the waypoint fonts are also changed. BT appears in the source menu, besides usb, cd, aux so bt streaming seems implemented, didn't try it though.

3.7GB update took about 30-40min, the map database version didn't increase, everything else did.
Hi guys, did you get the update from a KIA dealers in the UK? was it done along with a service or on it's own? And did it cost anything?

Cheers. I really want the update!!!!

Rols.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone
I did the update today and it worked fine
also noticed a slight acceleration in the navigation menus, audio streaming works perfectly, and for me that I can finally choose the Portuguese Portuguese language
thanks

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi guys, did you get the update from a KIA dealers in the UK? was it done along with a service or on it's own? And did it cost anything?

Rols.
Hello RolsPoles and Cromo1999 welcome to the forum.

Introduction? New Member Area/Introduction - Kia Forum
Please fill out your profile.

@Rolspoles
Did you read the whole post from the start?

Most answers are given throughout the entire post.

Only your dealer can tell you if he can do the update.

Throughout Europe there are dealer who have the update and some don't.
I believe that is the same in the UK.

·
Registered
Sportage 2011 - 1.7 CRDi '3' Sat Nav' 2WD
65 Posts

Rols.
Didn't get the update from my dealer, I downloaded it from the links provided by bowie and did it myself, it would appear that KIA UK are not on-top of updates as we didn't get the previous update either. If UK dealers were to get it, you would just drop off your Sportage and let them do it, and it wouldn't be at a charge as KIA are the only ones who can provide you with it.

Well after almost a year of banging on about wanting BT Music Streaming, I finally have it and I'm not happy :(
There is some kind of noise or interference on the BT Music Streaming which is non-existent via cable, so I am back to cable. I can only assume that my iPhone 4 that is up-to-date on software is still not quite completely compatible.

Lets hope the next update for the car or my phone fix this issue, but until then I am still on cable :(...at least I know the feature does actually exist on my unit though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Didn't get the update from my dealer, I downloaded it from the links provided by bowie and did it myself, it would appear that KIA UK are not on-top of updates as we didn't get the previous update either. If UK dealers were to get it, you would just drop off your Sportage and let them do it, and it wouldn't be at a charge as KIA are the only ones who can provide you with it.

Well after almost a year of banging on about wanting BT Music Streaming, I finally have it and I'm not happy :(
There is some kind of noise or interference on the BT Music Streaming which is non-existent via cable, so I am back to cable. I can only assume that my iPhone 4 that is up-to-date on software is still not quite completely compatible.

Lets hope the next update for the car or my phone fix this issue, but until then I am still on cable :(...at least I know the feature does actually exist on my unit though.
tried it today, works fine on mine.
the volume is a bit lower than other sources, maybe because i had media volume a bit down on the phone as well. no interference here.
samsung galaxy s, android 2.3.5

·
Registered
50 Posts
just got word from Navteq they're planning map update release for Kia somewhere end of september / beginning october.

in the meantime, got hit with this error already twice in 2 days since i upgraded to 5.1.3. Seems it's because of the USB stick, the same i've been using without issues for the past 6 months...formatted it again and didn't have the error again.

If you see this, satnav starts behaving weird, radio sometimes stops working, you can't eject the CD, etc...solution is to either reset from fuse or leave the car stopped for sometime, it will cut power itself after 5min.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
82 Posts
I was wondering if anybody has figured a new way of entering test mode on the nav unit as with this update the old way has been disabled
Any chance you could explain how to get the test mode screen pre-update?

·
Registered
50 Posts
just got word from Navteq they're planning map update release for Kia somewhere end of september / beginning october.

in the meantime, got hit with this error already twice in 2 days since i upgraded to 5.1.3. Seems it's because of the USB stick, the same i've been using without issues for the past 6 months...formatted it again and didn't have the error again.

If you see this, satnav starts behaving weird, radio sometimes stops working, you can't eject the CD, etc...solution is to either reset from fuse or leave the car stopped for sometime, it will cut power itself after 5min.

problem solved by (re)formatting the USB stick :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Orange

That car is very new max 2 months old?

The map database is differnd. 3107E7A2
The update looks like this.

map database 309E7A2
hello everyone,

sorry for my stupid question but please help me how can i find this screen? i mean, version screen. i want to update but i don't which version i have:confused::confused:

ok i found :D now need to find update

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
New map material from Navteq for Hyundai ix35, should be soon available to Kia as well
The same story is told many many times, An overview of the last months.

may: there will be a update end july beginning august
june:there will be a update end august beginning september
july: there will be a update end september beginning october
september: there will be a update end october beginning November

But the most funny is if you, Owner of a Hyunday i35 want to order them LINK

Wat do you see Availability: Out of Stock :D:lol:

But look at the picture of the PDF, MAP, NEW VERSION 310E7A2

Do not hope you get this update the maps ar from 2010.

And the price, approximately € 149.00:mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The same story is told many many times, An overview of the last months.

may: there will be a update end july beginning august
june:there will be a update end august beginning september
july: there will be a update end september beginning october
september: there will be a update end october beginning November

But the most funny is if you, Owner of a Hyunday i35 want to order them LINK

Wat do you see Availability: Out of Stock :D:lol:

But look at the picture of the PDF, MAP, NEW VERSION 310E7A2

Do not hope you get this update the maps ar from 2010.

And the price, approximately € 149.00:mad:
This is even better :)

"Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.

Due to a technical error the product was briefly advertised online, however this was in error. The product is currently not available and at this moment we do not have any further product information regarding this map update. This also applies for Kia. At the moment the release of the 2011-2012 version has been delayed until further notice.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you."

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
This is even better :)
"Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.
Due to a technical error the product was briefly advertised online, however this was in error. The product is currently not available and at this moment we do not have any further product information regarding this map update. This also applies for Kia. At the moment the release of the 2011-2012 version has been delayed until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you."
The neverending story "The update of Navteq's maps" continued. :banana:

Maybe you'll see the sequel next year. :eek:

Waiting for Navteq, take a seat in the waiting room.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
82 Posts
Test mode screen

Any chance you could explain how to get the test mode screen pre-update?
Help me out here please!

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Help me out here please!
Pogo do you have the same satnav radio as on the picture?
navigatin Kia sportage III 01.jpg
LG LAN8900EKS

Then look here if you have the update there is (still) no way to go to the secred menu.

If not I can not help you.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts