Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Borrego V6 EX 4WD Metallic Bronze, Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks....I am a lurker, but I now feel the necessity to post. I purchased my '09 Balooga(it's what my family calls it) in June and so far have absolutely loved it....seems to do just what we need and has replaced my '03 Honda Pilot with 170K miles which started having some issues and thought it was time to move on. This is a V6 4WD model. Well...my Balooga had the not so uncommon issue with the lights(ESC and Incline) coming on and would go out when I would turn it off and restart the motor....I couldn't push the buttons and get them off either. I took it to one of my local dealers to get it checked out and some other minor little items looked at....I got a call from them and it was a good thing I was sitting down because they told me they were dealing with Kia and that there is a Transmission Module that costs $6800!!!! Yes...that's right....$6800!!!! They did call back and Kia wants them to try a 4WD module that has been a problem and causing some of the same issues, but if that doesn't work, who knows!!! So far I am very happy with my service I have received, but who knows what will happen before this is all over with. I only have just under 22K miles. I also informed them that I do NOT want a rebuilt tranny and they said that is not something Kia is known to do anyway. Just thought I'd pass on the news I have and all of the rest of you having this problem and still under warranty....don't wait until your warranty is over with. They did mention the brake switch, but I guess the codes my unit threw must have been different than the "norm". Also, thanks for all the others who post here....it all helps!!!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
$6800? I don't think so. Find out what the codes were(get all of them, you paid for the diagnosis, right?) and post them here, maybe we can help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still under warranty and haven't paid a penny yet or I didn't think I would have to. They are trying the 4WD module first and then go from there, but Kia told them to start there first as they have had the 4WD module make things act this way. I'll keep you up to date and hopefully I will get it back tomorrow unless the module they try doesn't do the trick.

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
My 09 2WD has been doing a random ABS, ESC, DBS, light flash when pressing the brake and then the lghts immediately go out when the brake is released. Only code dealer got was P0700, communication error, TCM requested ECM for MIL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!!!!!

Kia told them to try the 4WD module and that didn't work, lights kept coming on. They were then talking maybe new tranny complete with the TSC module which I guess was such an expensive part, but Kia wanted them to first check all the wiring connections and I was told that the lights are now out.....they found one loose connection which may be the problem....when I get it back, hopefully tomorrow, I'll drive it for a while and let you know. It really had the techs scratching their heads. Crazy what a loose wire connection can cause!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
ESC Light and Incline light

I had the same problem and yes, only way to clear it was restarting engine, one day , vehicle felt like it was stuck in 4th gear, even from standing start from my driveway, drove to Kia Dealer and explained all of my issues and left it with them, thinking they would have vehicle for a couple of days due to this transmission problem which was still under warrenty, I came home and took a nap, my phone rang aprox 2 hours later and Kia dealer said car is all fixed. Brake Pedal Recall was causing all of these problems, Problem GONE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts