Kia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week my EX V6 4WD (so 5-speed trans, not the ZF 6-speed) did the same thing for the first time at 17,000 miles. The dealer replaced a switch assembly (Part number 93810-3K000QQK) under warranty. We just took a 700-mile road trip, with no problems. Fingers crossed that was the fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got on the forum to try and find out what is wrong with my Borrego. I see some of you are having the same problem I am having, the ESC and hill descend light come on. My dealer has doing nothing at all and can't tell me what is wrong. Have any of you successfully fixed this issue, and if so what do I need to tell the service department so they can fix it.
Thanks,
Jason
09 Borrego LX V6 4x4

·
Registered
95 Posts
You would think Kia or any car maker for that matter, would after attempting to fix a vehicle a certain number of time (and a certain amount of money), they would just replace the vehicle. At that point, they should sent the defective vehicle back to the factory where the engineers could figure out what went wrong and make sure it never happens to another vehicle. But I guess that makes way too much business sense.
we people who work at the dealers who are trying to solve issues like these for our customers wish they would do that too... lol:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think I have it fixed. Sorry this update is so long after my first post. I was experiencing this problem over and over, and they could never get me in to service it, so I went to a completely different dealership AFTER the last straw the other day: I wasn't able to shift from Reverse. I was able to pull the shifter from Park to Reverse, and couldn't get it to budge from there. If I turned the car off and then turned it back on, the problem went away - for a while. It was almost exactly the same as the ESC Off light problem. All I would have to do to fix that was turn the car off and back on.

When I finally went to another dealership (curse you Ferguson Kia) they replaced the brake line switch (?) and said my problems would disappear. Hopefully, they are right. I haven't experienced a shifting problem since then though, so that's a hopeful sign.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As I've stated prior in this same post, my V8 transmission was replaced in June 2010 because of the stuck in gear issue and ESC & Downhill lights staying on. It happend again in June 2011, but at that time there was a TSB 035 that changed out a major part in the transmission (but only on the V8's). It is apparent that this problem is not inherent in just the V8's. Some with the V6 owners have stated the brake switch was replaced. When I had the transmission module changed (per TSB 035) the dealer also said an error code for the brake switch showed up. The brake switch was also replaced at the time of the transmission fix. So you have to wonder...was it the transmission or the brake switch? Oh well, the problem hasn't occured since and I got new transmission fluid out of the deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
AC problem too

I have had the air conditioning problem as well, but I came from GM vehicles (all Buicks) that had the same issue (the issue being where you have no cool air until the vehicle is moving). Let me know what you find out so I can know if I need to go into my dealer (even though it is no longer hot weather here in Oklahoma.

By the way, my vehicle is an EX V6 4WD, not a V8 like the others with similar issues.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
jbrigance
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing