Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Kia Rio with an automatic transmission and 90,000 miles. Never had a problem until today, All of a sudden the transmission slips in and out of gear. I will be driving down the road and the rpms will go up as if in nuetral and then go back into gear. Also when i press on the gas pedal th gear select indicator (P,N,R,D,2,1) lights shut off when i press the pedal but come right back on when i let off the gas pedal or press the brake pedal. The fluid is a good red color and is full and has been serviced by dealer. The CEL is not on and no codes are stored. Alternator is charging at 14.5v even under a load. I am not sure but it seems like either a TCM or maybe the TCM is getting a bad signal from throttle position sensor? I just don't want to put a Transmission in it if I don't have to.

·
Registered
2002 kia rio 1994 ford ranger 1977 chevy scottsdale
27 Posts
forward clutches in the tranny are worn down just a little all it takes is a few thousandths wear and will cause them to slip pull the pump and they are right there get new forward clutches and new pump gasket and this will cure the problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts