Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 AWD
1,141 Posts
I have to wonder what it was you were searching for that you just happened across this? :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was changing oil on my Chev Blazer with a 6" lift on a windy day and the drips were missing the drip pan so I put a chock under the pan vertical to lift it up went inside and came back out the pan fell upside down and all the oil was on the driveway what a mess but a little Gas and cat litter cleaned up the mess.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
A fellow co worker told me this one....
He was changing on his oil in his old t-bird, (with his girlfriend) almost done, began to fill with new oil, phone rang, got called into house (way before cell phones). He came out and his girlfriend was just putting the last quart of oil in the 302, problem was, he had bought a case of oil. She put in OVER 11 quarts of oil in!! LOL

·
Registered
'13 Kia Sorento, '94 Ford Explorer
83 Posts
At least he didnt do what i did: i drained the oil, carefully slid the pan out,got out from under the car, stood up, and in the process of reaching for the pan, caught the edge of the pan with the toe of my boot! Water beaded up off that boot for months!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now why would anyone film an oil change?

I usually just drain it out on the street in front of my house and then poast a sign saying free burnouts!! You wouldn't believe how the cheapest of cars can smoke the tires completely off the rims!

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
6 Posts
I've only had one oil change go wrong, and I fully admit it was my own lack of attention to detail. Back when I bought my '00 Celica GTS, I decided to do plugs and oil. Went for the 0w Mobil 1 since I had used it for eons on my Yaris before then. It's always hot here anyway. Drained it just fine, didn't even drop the nut. Didn't check that the old crusty seal came off with the old oil filter. Stuck the new filter on, poured all that fresh oil in, got off the ramps and started the car. Beep beep! Oil light immediately on, and 4 quarts evacuated all over the driveway. ****in' dual sealed the filter. Felt like a moron then, feel like a moron today about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts