Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these the same as the Sedona floormats?Looking at pictures of the fronts and they look different.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are these the same as the Sedona floormats?Looking at pictures of the fronts and they look different.
Entourage is a rebadged Kia Sedona. It's the SAME car with different trim pieces here and there- So Sedona floormats should fit.

PS: Does your car have AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL?

Does the chair/person icon, rec/fresh lights stay ON when system is OFF? - Or is the panel "blank" when off, like the radio is when off>

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/79930-auto-climate-control-chair-person-icon.html

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
I just bought a set of OEM floor mats for the Entourage on eBay for $45 shipped, which I thought was a good deal.

Then I found an online Hyundai dealer selling the cargo bins for $10 and the mats were also only $10 there - I ended up getting a spare set for an extra $15 :rolleyes:

It was $55 all in for the cargo bin and the full set of mats!

Edit:

I was happy to pay $50 just for the cargo bin and floor cover boards!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a set of OEM floor mats for the Entourage on eBay for $45 shipped, which I thought was a good deal.

Then I found an online Hyundai dealer selling the cargo bins for $10 and the mats were also only $10 there - I ended up getting a spare set for an extra $15 :rolleyes:

It was $55 all in for the cargo bin and the full set of mats!

Edit:

I was happy to pay $50 just for the cargo bin and floor cover boards!
What website did you find those on?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Order the stuff thru your local dealer, thye can throw it on their stock order.

What website did you find those on?
There are multiple websites selling Hyundai parts- Google and you will find the mats.
(Hint, most all the sites are Hyundai dealers- that have a internet division)

The "problem" with ordering online is shipping costs.

Example:I made up a order totaling around $160, and shipping by placing the order in one "lot" was $210.:eek:

Played with the shipping calculator (Same software/website design is used by all the Hyundai online parts dealers I found)

By grouping the items in lots- within the same weight /size range gave the best shipping cost.;)

I'd group say a sunroof and hood air deflector together.

On the Mats, at first grouped all the mats together... $65 to ship!
Carpeted - set of 4, FRONT, MIDDLE and REAR.
All-weather-FRONT
All-weather-MIDDLE (Hyundai calls it 2nd row)
All-weather-REAR (Hyundai calls it 3rd row)

Ended up splitting that in half to get the best shipping price.
Carpeted - set of 4, FRONT, MIDDLE and REAR.
All-weather-FRONT = $26.53

All-weather-MIDDLE (Hyundai calls it 2nd row)
All-weather-REAR (Hyundai calls it 3rd row) = $26.53
Shipping cost dropped from $65 to $53

By doing multiple orders, grouping like items together I got shipping from $210 down to around $150.

By happen chance I thought...
These guys aren't stocking this stuff most likely as the Entourage hasn't been sold since 2008 or so.

I thought, if they are getting the parts from xyz *PDC center my local dealer should be able to do the same. CLICK, CLICK, ORDER.

Note: If you order thru local dealer they can throw the stuff in with their regular stock order. (Translation no shipping, but you pay sales tax.

(*PDC=Parts Distribution Center)...

With that in mind visited my local dealer with print-out of best pricing (along with knowledge of average pricing) for each part.

On the carpeted floor mats for example average was $10 and $8, lowest was $5.

Got the parts MANAGER to do a look-up... at first he keep saying on each part he looked up (Starting with the mats)... I can't do that, I can't do that.... (understandable @ $5 a set) Asked him what he could do and he said $10 on the rubber mats, $8 on the carpeted ones. (I said do it)

On all the other items, like a cargo organizer for $8.00, sunroof air deflector for $3.60, Hood air deflector for $48 he said OK... Well all except the hood air deflector- @ $52. (Most places have that item @ $64.

Bottom line: Got all the parts I was looking for (Actually I increased the size of the order by about a third) and didn't have to pay a dime freight.

PS: I don't know everything Hyundai, but if you run into one of those guys who wants to charge more than the online prices remind him this is a win-win for Hyundai and you alike.

Hyundai clears out their warehouse of DEAD inventory.
Parts department while not making much if any profit does by having the orders "flow" thru it increases inventory they've moved.
(I would assume they get "brownie points" for how much inventory they move every month)

Also remind him it makes you a happy customer, new mats and the like make the car look better when you're out and about..

Oh, TIMEFRAME to get parts? It depends what you are ordering, where it is. ALL my stuff came in (2) days.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's excellent news and a pity I didn't know about this earlier as it would have saved me about $30 ;)

At the end of the day I'm still getting what I consider to be a good deal but you certainly got a HOT deal :)

Some of the accessories are still way overpriced - did you see the cost for bluetooth audio!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's excellent news and a pity I didn't know about this earlier as it would have saved me about $30 ;)

At the end of the day I'm still getting what I consider to be a good deal but you certainly got a HOT deal :)

Some of the accessories are still way overpriced - did you see the cost for bluetooth audio!!!
HOT deal sort of took the sting out of a TPS failure.

TPS SENSOR, Symptoms of TPS failure CEL, ESC OFF LIGHT ON=TOTAL LOSS OF POWER
http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/80251-tps-sensor-symptoms-tps-failure-cel.html

Picked up the stuff today in my good old trusty 98 Dodge Caravan as the 2007 Sedona/Entourage was experiencing a lovely *TPS failure, not even a month out of warranty.
(@48,600 miles...Grrrrrrrr)

Have just the front seats in the van, and it's about 2/3 full. Calling tomorrow to get one more item.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hot deal got dinged a little.

One of the items I ordered - (a large item) was shipped NOT in it's original box, but a large box that was for a 10 quantity of windshield washer tanks (Or something like that)

PROBLEM? 1/2 of the items that the item comprises was MISSING (A large item... about 2 ft x 2ft x 15 inches high.)

Well, called the dealer, saying Hey the PDC center that shipped this thing to you screwed up.

Proper thing to do would be to contact PDC center you got it from and have them ship another right? With them charging back the screw up to the shipping PDC center.

NOPE, On clearance items if they throw two packing peanuts in the box, slap a shipping label on it... it's yours.

(When ordering the items I was informed no returns... I understand that totally... but there's no recourse in a situation like this?)

Come on.

Item was NOT in original box, it is a clear case whoever filled the order at PDC center screwed up.

I could see "if" it was in a factory sealed box, and say some screws were missing... but 1/2 of a very large item?

·
Registered
263 Posts
You presumably paid with a credit card - just file a dispute and that's that taken care of.
If it was thru a seller I would never have ANY kind of interaction with again, I would consider that.

Thing is it's with my local dealer (Which is good unlike the other dealers my parents were taking the car to.)

I know they made little or anything on the sale and the amount is very small so I don't want to rock the boat, (piss them off).

Sort of miffed that on such a small amount, that there is no recourse on getting the PDC that screwed up to ship another.

Parts Manager said he "called California" (headquarters) ...

What has me scratching my head is he should have been calling the PDC he received the item from and said, Hey major part was missing (24x24x15 inches), find it (Big ha-ha on that)... Or cough up another.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone considering ordering thru your local dealer. (YMMV)... and this may apply to orders placed via online dealers as well.

1: Entourage specific items (That will fit a Sedona) are:
A: Coming from various PDC's (Part Distribution Center). they are not dealer stocked items.
B: OLD STOCK. You will see mfg dates of appox 2006.
BC: Are being "Closed Out". (Clearance items)

Due to such the greatly reduced prices off MSRP are NOT going to make the dealer go to bat for you if item is defective, missing parts.... OR the PDC center screws up on packaging the order.

(The dealer is only making a few dollars off each part)

Example: Cargo Organizer, MSRP $225

U8125-4J000-CS Beige
U8125-4J000-KS Grey (No one has these)

Their cost is $6.00... Selling price on item on most places on the net is $8.00 , to $10.00

Why do I mention this?

About 15 days ago now ordered the cargo organizer.. Had my local dealer add it to their stock order.

It is supposed to have (2) large plastic buckets -one slightly large than the other, (2) dividers, and (2) lids.

Guess what I received?
All the above, except for the smaller bucket.

Requested parts manage contact the PDC they got the order from /get them to ship the missing part.

Parts manager said he "Called Mobis in California" and was told on "clearance items" tough luck as these items may have been shipped to a dealer at one time, then returned.

(Why not call the PDC they got it from???)

On the next stock requested another cargo organizer be ordered.

Guess what?

Remember the smaller bucket which was missing from the 1st order?

I got the smaller bucket, but not the larger one!
(Both shipments came from the same PDC)

GRRRRR...

Looking at the paperwork that came with the cargo organizer I see something...

It CLEARLY shows both buckets, and you can even tell there is a large and a small one... BUT on the listing of parts on the sheet it lists the (2) buckets as being (1)....

GRRRRRR.

Notice the differently sized buckets.
H007EntourageCargoOrganizer.jpg

·
Registered
496 Posts
Guess what?

Remember the smaller bucket which was missing from the 1st order?

I got the smaller bucket, but not the larger one!
(Both shipments came from the same PDC)

GRRRRR...

Looking at the paperwork that came with the cargo organizer I see something...

It CLEARLY shows both buckets, and you can even tell there is a large and a small one... BUT on the listing of parts on the sheet it lists the (2) buckets as being (1)....

GRRRRRR.

Notice the differently sized buckets.
View attachment 12158
Well if I don't receive what was shown in the photograph then I'll contact the merchant to get the full package delivered. if that does not work I'll be calling the CC company to file a dispute, because I've not received what I paid for.

It's unlikely anybody would pay for one side of the cargo bay at the MSRP by any stretch of the imagination...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well the cargo bins and the mats arrived today.

Received both bins (small and large) as well as the covers.

The wrong color of mats was received - they shipped grey when the beige was ordered...:rolleyes:

The reason for the delay in receiving the order was due to the wrong color being sent to the dealer twice...so that makes three times....:rolleyes:

The chap that's been keeping me updated says he'll check the color personally before sending them out ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts