Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the my 2.5crd to sound like an old transit van even when it is warmed up it only has 4000 miles, oil ok had a hyundai santa fe before this 2.0crd and did not sound like this after two years and with 20000 on the clock any suggestions :unsure:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(

Fraid so ..... they do tend to sound like a tractor but also work/pull like one as well !!! :p

Must admit that it sounds loud inside the car however, when stood outside, say when the missus gets to have a drive, they sound OK. :crying:

You'll just have to lump it & wait for the new model out late 06 which should have a better block in it !!!!

Mark

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Hi there

I'm still waiting for my Kia but I can tell you that the demo one I drove was quieter than the Nissan Mistral (2.7L intercooled turbo diesel) I have at present and they did suggest it would get quieter and perform better once it has about 10,000 Km (6,000 miles) on it. So I guess it's just a matter of degree and what you're used to.

What's this about letting the missus have a drive Mark ????? next thing they'll want their own darn Kia !!!!!!!

Derek : ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The engine does improve with age, driven a few 40k/50k mile ones, feel much sweeter and pull harder than a new one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p
Hey ..... Now c'mon Derek ..... I'm a 90's kinda man. You know, let the missus have some time away from the kitchen sink & a little time away from the bedroom ( MMMMMMMMMMM !!!!! ) & besides...... it was to go to the local off licence to fetch some more 'tinnies' for the barby .... is that OK !!!

TaRa

Mark
B)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeh OK, I guess that's OK, but be careful mate, you know "give them an inch" !!!!!!!!

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
355 Posts
ooooooops

Derek :blush:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Sorento is much quieter in the cabin than the Vitara which is perhaps it's main opposition.

Last Friday I travelled 300 miles at speeds up to 90mph and it was a very acceptable noise level inside, as good as the Rover 75 I used to have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p

You naughty, naughty man ...... PC Plod will be looking for you, ...... weeelllll ..... I mean ..... 90MPH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crying:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not part of a plan, but coincidentally, DVLA changed the registered keeper name and address for my car recently and it's taken about 6 weeks to get them to correct it, so, what if I did go that fast and got flashed andthe ticket went to the wrong person who tore it up and I didn't get to know about it.

I wonder?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts