Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX+
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started my car this morning and quickly drove off without letting the engine warm up (it's about 0 degrees Celsius) and when I accelerated hard I heard a really loud vibration noise near the engine. It sort of sounded like a loose mount or something. The noise went away after the car warmed up which was confusing because if it was a loose part, the temperature wouldn't matter.

Anyone else experience this or know what this could be?
I'm assuming it's not the "dash rattle" that people have been getting because this is more of a vibration noise then a squeak...

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
So I started my car this morning and quickly drove off without letting the engine warm up (it's about 0 degrees Celsius) and when I accelerated hard I heard a really loud vibration noise near the engine....

that is the WORST thing you can do to a car. if you want it to remotely last, you will stop doing that.

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Nothing like a new engine to fix a noise problem. -At least I think that's what the Service Bulletin says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts