Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being a mechamic myself i know that my sorento needs the rockers armes adjusted (valve cleaence) is too much esp. a few at left ft. of engine are very noisey (clacking)
it does not look like a fun job. and i know the stealership will give me a hard time about it. i already told them that it need them adjusted along with a few other thing. it is schudeled for repair, as usual they well treat me like i am a dummy and assume i know nothing! even though i have benn a mechanic for 32 years !

does anybody know how long it takes to do a complete valve adjustment on an 05 sorento?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Assume we are talking 3.5 V6?
If so there is no adjustment, as they are hydralic followers, if they are noisy, they will need replacing.

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to the parts list for the 3.5 ltr DOHC engine, there are rocker arms listed and adjusters listed.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There are rockers, correct, but the adjusters are called , for some strange reason, HLA' Hydraulic lash adjusters, there is no physical adjustment, they can be tested, and replaced.
This is from the Kia workshop manual:

Auto Lash Adjuster

Check auto - lash adjusters for free play by inserting a small wire through the air bleed hole in the rocker arm and push the autolash adjustercheck ball down very lightly.

While lightly holding the check ball down move the rocker arm up and down to check for free play. If there is no play replace the auto - lashadjuster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.