Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 reg. 2.5 xs auto 4 speed. I have read that the new model Sorento gives slightly more power. Is it possible to get the old engine tweaked to increase the power and if so can you reccomend where? Tom

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Not sure if older ECU's would accept the newer software :rolleyes:
I notice on ebay theres a TUV approved tuning box for a lot of extra ponies, for a couple of hundred, may be worth going that route, there are cheaper ones around but I'd recommend going for a TUV approved one.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Good point Sorentoman, however the tuning boxes for common rail diesels tend to be quick plug in affairs... easily removeable come dealer time... ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please could you let me know a bit more about your tunning box. How much has it increased the power, and what effect it has had on your fuel consumption.
I have been quoted around 565 euro delivered, does that sound about right or are they available at a better price.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by kiasorento@Mar 17 2005, 11:21 PM
Please could you let me know a bit more about your tunning box. How much has it increased the power, and what effect it has had on your fuel consumption.
I have been quoted around 565 euro delivered, does that sound about right or are they available at a better price.
That sounds about right. Mine has increased by around 25%, I can get it higher but I will then need a K&N filter, my dealer doesn't know what it is so I am stuck. Fuel consumption is crap, meaning you won't save anything. I probably put my foot down too much but still a tuning kit is not for you if you want to save on the diesel. I probably get around 350-420 miles on a full tank. Previously I could swing between 400 - 460 miles on a full tank. Don't have any exact figures sorry.

I am happy with the increased consumption. My wheels try to spin if I am not careful when I accelerate from standstill. The only problem is that you get used to the extra power and desire for even more! I had a look at the new Mercedes M class with the new V6 diesel, goes like mad! Consumption is good too. But in the £35K range *sniff*...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a plug and play from a company called ASA tuning in Germany.Cost me £112 all in.Fitted to car but don't no what adjustment to set power screw at.Have you any ideas.Will fitting a K&N make any difference.Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts