Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amanti 2005 – 60,000k
Country weather: always above 70 degrees- Tropical Island.

Car starts and runs excellent for 30 to 60 minutes then loose power, engine stalls; car top speed 10mph??? and eventually stops. Give a 60 minutes rest and car starts and runs great for another 30 or 60 minutes. Car has been doing this for the past 10 months!!! Without getting worse or any changes. NO CODES???

Fuel Pump or Throttle?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Without seeing or knowing your vehicle, others have reported heat-related issues with either the Crankshaft sensor or Camshaft sensor can cause this issue:

If the sensor is damaged -> failing, it will fail as it heats up, then will function after it cools back down..

--
Folks have also reported the same can occur with a fuel pump that is starting to fail, same reason: overheat during operation, works when cooled back down..

Folks have also reported the same can occur with a coil pack that is starting to fail,
same reason: overheat during operation, works when cooled back down..

To test for fuel pump, a fuel pressure gauge would be used,

To test for coil pack, a multimeter with ohm/resistance function would be used, in conjunction with a spark tester before/at time of failure to compare values,

To test for Crankshaft / Camshaft sensor, doing the voltage/resistance checks for your vehicle, in conjunction with checking operation with a oscilloscope / diagnostic tool at the dealership would be used,

--
I know above is "all over the map", but hopefully these help to narrow down testing points / that you are not getting any codes on failure,

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings friend, sorry for the late response: Thanks for your enormous help on this forum and for replying to almost every question, including mine.

I was reading your signature, so, the (Amazon) scanner for OBDII codes is the best bang for the buck to your knowledge? Will it work with other OBDII vehicles

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Hi Titan,

Greetings from warm & sunny NH USA,

Hope the suggestions help out, please let us know how it turns out w/ the vehicle..

re: Scanner in Sig., yes, it is an excellent value for the money.

As it is a ( Windows OS / USB ) setup, I recommend making sure that the computer you will be using has plenty of RAM installed (1 GB min. Windows XP, 1.5-2 GB min. recommended for Vista/Win7/Win8), and has (USB 2) ports for better communication between the Adapter -> the desktop or laptop computer.

--
The supplied ODBWiz software, while not as "feature-rich" as the more advanced Scan XL version, is still very capable - and offers code reading, code clearing, real-time monitoring of engine sensor data, data logging (recording) and playback.

To put it another way, I've spent more for (1) meal at a fast food restaurant than the cost of this product, and mine has literally saved me thousands of $$$ in repair costs, w/ helping neighbors as well.

I highly recommend it.

Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts