Kia Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did you ever pull the O2 sensor and check to see if it was clogged? Those nuts are rusted shut.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you ever pull the O2 sensor and check to see if it was clogged? Those nuts are rusted shut.
Doing that as soon as I get it back from the dealership. It was damaged when they transported it home after they put the engine in.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,015 Posts
Doing that as soon as I get it back from the dealership. It was damaged when they transported it home after they put the engine in.
If it was damaged in transit then the transport companies insurance should cover any damage.

Reactions: FixItFelix

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it was damaged in transit then the transport companies insurance should cover any damage.
It was damaged when the transport company picked it up from that dealership and that dealership shows it was damaged when they received it, hence the tow company that towed it to the dealership was the last to have it. The picture they sent today to deny the claim is a joke. They sent the below blurry picture showing a while line EXACTLY where mine is damaged saying they denied it because the picture shows no damage. It cannot be anything else because if it was a reflection of the parking white stripe it would have reflected the entire length of the stripe not just in the one spot exactly where mine is damaged.

above is the picture Agero roadside assistance company sent me saying, “Denied claim as we don’t see any damage here.” I won’t even tell you where it is and I bet you can find it.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX AWD Burnished Copper
42 Posts
You’re one lucky guy that Kia replaced your engine after they denied my claim 3 times for an engine that lost power through no fault of ours. It was a 2016 Sorento with 80000 miles on it. Said we weren’t loyal Kia customers when we own 3 of them. Will never buy another one. I have never heard from Kia even though they know those years were bad and many engines were replaced.
Put the new exhaust and catalytic converter in and count your blessings you’re not out $6000. Beware of pre 2018 used Kia’s.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You’re one lucky guy that Kia replaced your engine after they denied my claim 3 times for an engine that lost power through no fault of ours. It was a 2016 Sorento with 80000 miles on it. Said we weren’t loyal Kia customers when we own 3 of them. Will never buy another one. I have never heard from Kia even though they know those years were bad and many engines were replaced.
Put the new exhaust and catalytic converter in and count your blessings you’re not out $6000. Beware of pre 2018 used Kia’s.
They want $6900 there’s no blessings to count lol. I’m sorry for your luck. It seems weird that they wouldn’t fix yours. Are you the original owner? I wasn’t so maybe that’s why? I don’t know. I agree I am lucky they put a new engine in.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Rio5 SX
7 Posts
I understand that. The only proof I have is that it never did it before the engine went bad. I feel that if they felt liable enough to replace the engine they should carry the same liability over to any other problem that happened because of it.
The excessive oil consumption caused the manifold and catalytic converter problems. The partially burned oil will clog a catalytic converter and make it overheat.

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
252 Posts
Good luck, the lawyer will go though that amount of money in no time. From what I read here is you bought a used V-6 Sorento with over 60,xxx miles on it. You then have no warranty as second hand KIA's are only covered by the 5 year/60,000 miles warranty. The 10 year/100,000 mile warranty does not apply to a used car. However you managed to get KIA to replace the engine is beyond me, but count your blessings and move on. Take the car to an independent repair shop and get a estimate.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
However you managed to get KIA to replace the engine is beyond me, but count your blessings and move on. Take the car to an independent repair shop and get a estimate.
I agree I was very lucky. It’s because I had the recall done before I took delivery of the vehicle, KDS or whatever it was. I said I “Feel” that if they felt liable enough to replace the engine then they should feel liable enough to make it safe to drive.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts