Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cee'd 3 Ecodynamics 1.6 CRDi, 2012
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommended supplier to re-map a Ceed 1.6 CRDi (2012)

I Superchip'd my Golf TDi 140ps and that made a real difference to both performance and fuel. I'm interested in anyone with Ceed re-mapping experience.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do you really want to loose your 7 year warranty.

If the car is not powerful enough you bought the wrong car, sell it and buy the correct one.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The good thing about a remap is that you can always revert to the original settings, so... no warranty issues there (on the U2 versions the ECU does record the number of written files).

I have my Ceed remaped to ~130Bhp, it's very pleasent to drive. I can't recomend you a place to go, i'm not from the UK. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FrEaKZoIdE Thank you for your helpful reply. I'm looking for a plug in device that will have zero visibility as it will be removed for any service visits or MOT. From what I can see £400 will get me an increase from 126ps up to 150ps or above. If it's in the same quality as my Golf TDi Superchip I'll also be getting another 10-15mpg as well. They do not have a current remap available for the 2012 Cee'd.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a super chip in my 08 ceed(1.6 crdi) and it works great,got it on ebay(see link below) and its giving me 147hp,how ever dont be fooled by the higher mpg.this is the way these chips work but if u do your own check you will find it has'nt changed a thing.your mpg will show an extra 10miles to the gallon but it will be false.
best of luck with it.:D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Chiptuning-chip-tuning-for-all-car-THE-ITALIAN-BOX-/230944755600?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c5614f90#ht_7137wt_1186

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a super chip in my 08 ceed(1.6 crdi) and it works great,got it on ebay(see link below) and its giving me 147hp,how ever dont be fooled by the higher mpg.this is the way these chips work but if u do your own check you will find it has'nt changed a thing.your mpg will show an extra 10miles to the gallon but it will be false.
best of luck with it.:D

Chiptuning chip tuning for all car THE ITALIAN BOX | eBay
The reported MPG by the vehicle own on-board systems will be affected as the actual fuel used is more than it thinks. I was going off the miles driven\ fuel used based on how much I have put in the tank. On my Golf I was getting over 550 - 600 miles on a 55ltre tank.
I'm looking for an add on box device and found a good article here:- http://www.endtuning.com/dieseltuningboxes.html

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 1.6 Crdi Challenge
159 Posts
i have remap ecu (SM chip tuning) from 116ps to 140ps, before that i try hbt chip box from hyundai and i didnt been satisfied, but with remap of ecu at SM u feel the differenc in performance and consumption, consumption is 1L lower and now i can easier overtake other truck on open road...

My voice is going to remap of ecu and i have keep the warranty because the dealer dosent check if my ecu is remaped....

·
Registered
2011 Astral Blue Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi 3 Spec
115 Posts
The dealer will find out about any mapping.

It will push the engine and components through set paramaters such as boost pressure, fuelling etc.

Its not worth it while in warranty trust me on this i know first hand from Skoda.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The dealer will find out about any mapping.
It will push the engine and components through set paramaters such as boost pressure, fuelling etc. Its not worth it while in warranty trust me on this i know first hand from Skoda.
Thanks for your input, that's interesting. I had my VW Golf TDi Superchip'd shortly after I go it. It was always serviced by a VW garage (8 years), and at no stage did they ever report or comment on it. Maybe Skoda do things differently?
I'm more interested in any recommendations about what method or supplier to use, rather than the should I\shouldn't I debate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been directed towards a Evolution re-map rather than a plug in and remove box.
Has anyone used this configuration?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts