Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento LX
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
I have an 2004 LX 2WD with 4380 miles and live in Miami FL.
When the truck is cold (parked for more than 3-4 hours), I get a metalic friction sound when accelerating; Truck has being to dealer, wich checked the rotors and pads and found everything in order, test drive before and after and no sound heard.
However the sound still there, and goes after, maybe, 3 min. of driving, and it goes way in the next 5 min or so; I am trying to tape the sound but between the wind and the noise from another cars, the tape recorder is not picking up the sound too good; Somebody that knows about cars, suggested that since the brakes where checked, the only thing left is the bearings on the alternator,.
If anybody had or has this problem and it was solved, please post the results; So far is not affecting anything on the truck, is just and ugly sound.

Thanks a lot
Julian

·
Registered
44 Posts
sounds like a hydraulic valve lifter. There are hydraulic tappets on this engine and sometimes when strating from cold you get a knock- knock noise until the oil gets warm/ or the lifter unsticks. Just a theory - but this normaly happens on "old" engines.- not one with your mileage. Ask the agent to check the compressions.

jonathan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.