Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Joined this forum back when I purchased in 2011, but that ID isn't working now.

I have a 2011 Kia Sportage SX Turbo, which I have LOVED for 7 years. I've religiously changed my oil at 7,000k (Synthetic) but am now very worried about my engine.

On Saturday evening, my husband had my vehicle and was doing 45mph when the engine just cut out and stopped, and had to try to veer off to the side of the road. Our SX wouldn't start after that and we had it towed to the dealer. I spent the weekend reading horror stories about these engines seizing and now I'm thinking that may have happened to me.

I'm confused why there would be no indication of an issue - no oil warning light, no high temp warning, nothing it just shut down.

My SX has 83000 miles on it - any thoughts or experiences like this from my fellow Sportage owners?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - we have our car back

QUICK UPDATE
We have already gotten our car back with our Brand New motor replacement, in less than two weeks. We were 100% covered under warranty (i have had all my oil changes/maintenance done at our dealer).

I can say that we had a great experience, took two days to confirm covered under warranty, engine ordered and delivered the next day, and pick up occurred tonight.

I only have great things to say about how KIA handled our situation.

Sheila

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
Joined this forum back when I purchased in 2011, but that ID isn't working now.

I have a 2011 Kia Sportage SX Turbo, which I have LOVED for 7 years. I've religiously changed my oil at 7,000k (Synthetic) but am now very worried about my engine.

On Saturday evening, my husband had my vehicle and was doing 45mph when the engine just cut out and stopped, and had to try to veer off to the side of the road. Our SX wouldn't start after that and we had it towed to the dealer. I spent the weekend reading horror stories about these engines seizing and now I'm thinking that may have happened to me.

I'm confused why there would be no indication of an issue - no oil warning light, no high temp warning, nothing it just shut down.

My SX has 83000 miles on it - any thoughts or experiences like this from my fellow Sportage owners?
Our Kia Sportage 2013 just started doing loud noises, taken directly to Kia and they said is an engine failure that will cost $7.000CAD to repair. No warnings, no noises at all before, nothing that could warn us. We called KIA- Customer Services - and they said there were a recall for a problem in the engines that year but just for the 2.0 and ours is 2.4. Highly suspicious... I will research more...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update - we have our car back

QUICK UPDATE
We have already gotten our car back with our Brand New motor replacement, in less than two weeks. We were 100% covered under warranty (i have had all my oil changes/maintenance done at our dealer).

I can say that we had a great experience, took two days to confirm covered under warranty, engine ordered and delivered the next day, and pick up occurred tonight.

I only have great things to say about how KIA handled our situation.

Sheila
Was your engine under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts