Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here happen to know the size of the bolts that hold the engine cover on. I removed it to change the oil.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,275 Posts
If your referring to the plastic 'beauty cover' or 'accoustic cover', it just snaps on over studs which stick up.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has 4 bolts that hold it down on top of the engine. I'm thinking 10 mm but can't remember.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,275 Posts
Interesting....did you loose the bolts? You will need to go to a Kia dealership - parts dept, pull up the schematic diagram of the engine cover, get part numbers and order some new bolts. Should not be very expensive.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long story short. I removed the cover when i lived on the east coast to change the oil. Didn't think it was relevant and left it when i moved to Washington State. Rains alot here and. Water gets in the manifold making it surge and stall. Replaced the maf and intake hose. Now need to get bolts for the cover to keep condensation off engine.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,597 Posts
I suggest that you go to AutoZone and they'll help you test which one fits - typically fine thread metric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts