Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima SX // 1995 Subaru Impreza // 1965 Triumph TR4
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - 2012 SX sat without running for almost 2 weeks. I started it and let it run for a few minutes while I tried to re-connect with bluetooth (whole different topic - why doesn't my phone connect unless i power off and go through set up again???). Everything seemed to be running fine but as I approached a speed limit change and stepped on the accelerator the car bogged down as if some sort of governor kicked in. I depressed the gas pedal to the floor but rpms did not increase. Car sounded fine and no check engine light. I parked, shut off and restarted. No issues - works fine. Fluke? Any insight? Thank you.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI, 2011 VW Golf GTI
63 Posts
Probably just a sensor reading wrong, once you restarted the car/comp it would have cleared the fault, I had a engine light come on in my SX on the weekend, retighten the gas cap, push in the oil dipstick, and restarted and no light! Joys of computers!

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
I'd take it to have a code check done, sounds to me like the turbo lagged out or failed in some way.

·
Registered
11 Optima EX 2.4, 04 F-150, Burgman 650, V-Star Midnight Custom
148 Posts
I'd take it to have a code check done, sounds to me like the turbo lagged out or failed in some way.
I wouldn't worry about it. You probably had a computer reboot when you restarted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next stop ... dealership

Unfortunately the gremlin returned (twice). The car behaves like the transmission is slipping. It accelerates but barely and not in direct relation to the rpm indicated. Shut the car down and the problem disappeared. This time the check engine light came onb. Did it two more times - shut off the car and the problem goes away and so did the check engine light. I'll update after the dealer checks it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed

It was the waste gate as noted in another posting. Couple hours at the dealership and its all fixed - Yea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts