Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me that one can manually reset the engine check light when it comes on. <_< He said there are codes available (where?? :blink: ) and then you can manually find out what the engine check light went on for in the first place and if not serious, reset it yourself. He said he had a car (not a Kia) that for example by pressing the radio on button twice plus the indicator set you into 'test' mode and then you can reset the light. A guy that came to fix my clothes washer the other day did the same kind of thing by setting it to test mode and then he could tell what was wrong by seeing which lights flashed when...so is this possible with a 2003 Kia Sedona? :D I am asking because my engine check light has come on 3 times in 6 months because of the fuel cap not screwed on tightly enough. Everytime I have to go through the inconvenience of taking the Van in to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most Cars CEL (check engine light) can be reset by disconnecting your battery for 10-15 minutes. Give it a shot... It may save you a trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts