Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've notice that whenever i press hard on my brake for an emergency brake, the red Hand Brake light on the panel will be lighted for a moment.

Is this normal? Anyone encounter this before???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting this same issue but my blake reservoir is just over half way between Min and Max. ANy other ideas?

I first noticed the problem following a need to use my brakes after nearly colliding head on with an articulated lorry. Ever since that emergency braking this problem has been in existence.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage 1.7CRDi 2WD ISG 4
493 Posts
Do the pads have 'wear indicators' on them, normally a wire which grounds and brings on the light when the pads have worn to a certain thickness.

Just a thought, sorry if it is obvious

·
Registered
Picanto Lx '05
1 Posts
:( I have the same problem you described here.

At the begining i was thinking just was the hand brake switch or something turning on accidentally because it always happen when driving in a downhill where i have to brake faster than usual to stop the car. :huh:

But I just noticed it happens anyway when I need to brake fast and push hard the pad, then the red brake light turns on until I release the brake.

The user manual says something about ABS light and EBD (not sure:confused:) braking systems, my picanto dont have ABS so I just think on something happening to the electronic brake distribution (EBD) though its frustrating not to have a workshop manual. :confused:

Regards...

·
Registered
picanto se renault scenic and suzuki gt185
138 Posts
yes , had this happen loads during my time with the pic . the level only needs to be a little off max and under harsh braking it will make the light illuminate . nothing to worry bout , top your levels up a little , but bear in mind your pads are maybe a little thin now and thats why the levels have dropped . take care swampduck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.