Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice that whenever i press hard on my brake for an emergency brake, the red Hand Brake light on the panel will be lighted for a moment.

Is this normal? Anyone encounter this before???

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Check the fluid level, under emergency braking if the fluid is a little low, it can make the low level warning light illuminate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting this same issue but my blake reservoir is just over half way between Min and Max. ANy other ideas?

I first noticed the problem following a need to use my brakes after nearly colliding head on with an articulated lorry. Ever since that emergency braking this problem has been in existence.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage 1.7CRDi 2WD ISG 4
497 Posts
Do the pads have 'wear indicators' on them, normally a wire which grounds and brings on the light when the pads have worn to a certain thickness.

Just a thought, sorry if it is obvious

·
Registered
Picanto Lx '05
1 Posts
:( I have the same problem you described here.

At the begining i was thinking just was the hand brake switch or something turning on accidentally because it always happen when driving in a downhill where i have to brake faster than usual to stop the car. :huh:

But I just noticed it happens anyway when I need to brake fast and push hard the pad, then the red brake light turns on until I release the brake.

The user manual says something about ABS light and EBD (not sure:confused:) braking systems, my picanto dont have ABS so I just think on something happening to the electronic brake distribution (EBD) though its frustrating not to have a workshop manual. :confused:

Regards...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Top your brake fluid reservoir up to the max mark and see if the problem still occurs. This happens on mine if below half way between max and min and under braking, especially downhill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

I had this problem on my 05 plate. I took it to the dealer and they said that the brake fluid was low. They topped it up and I didnt have any more problems.

Hope this helps : )

·
Registered
picanto se renault scenic and suzuki gt185
138 Posts
yes , had this happen loads during my time with the pic . the level only needs to be a little off max and under harsh braking it will make the light illuminate . nothing to worry bout , top your levels up a little , but bear in mind your pads are maybe a little thin now and thats why the levels have dropped . take care swampduck

·
Registered
2004 picanto Lx 1.1 Manual
4 Posts
The manual says that it is a brake fluid level warning indicator... even the Kia personnel that i've asked agreed... keep it at 3/4 level of the container...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts