Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a '99 Kia Sportage EX with 54500 and I never had the emergency brake light turn on until now but.......it only happens when I press the brakes at stop signs, turning, etc even when pressed gently. The Kia has ABS but does not have an ABS light. I called the dealer and they said that there might be a problem with my emergency brake. I took it to the dealer and then a local mechanic and neither one found a problem with either the emergency brake nor the brakes and they couldn't figure out why the emergency brake light was lighting.

Other problems I've had since I've had the car (Only 4 months - bought it with 43500 and now has 54500 miles):

Car would decelerate and then accelerate. Mass Air Flow replaced as per computer codes. Cost $200.

Problem above continued and I had the fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and belts. Cost $300. No more problems except for the emergency brake light.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
stick or auto? You're sure you have abs and NO abs light? My fiance's 97 sportage has ABS and i'm positive hers has a light for it. I'm pretty sure if it's got abs, it's got a light too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the brake light thingy fixed. :D A mechanic emptied the entire brake system fluids and refilled it and no more brake light coming on. :D But....now my car revs up at speed of 65 to 70. It's as if someone is holding your shirt as your trying to run and then lets go. :eek: Nothing comes up on the computer and happens every couple of hundred miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts