Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My emergency brake bushing/bracket creaks when I drive over bumps, and when car is stationary if I bounce the car. The part that creaks is the bushing/bracket that holds the e-brake to the body - located about 8" from the rear wheel well just under the passenger doors beneath the car. I know something from this part is creaking but can't figure out exactly why it's creaking. It's been driving me nuts... and it happens about half the time I drive, which leads me to believe that maybe my e-brake cable needs adjusting. But I can always get it to creak if I bounce on the rear of the car (it seems a bit worse on the right side).

Do I need to replace the e-brakes?

Will WD-40 or lithium grease work? If so, what specific part do I grease?

Can I just replace the "bushing"? (which I don't think is possible because it's part of the e-brake assembly)

Any tips or trick?

(Apologies if this is a stupid question)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update

Update: Sprayed a healthy amount of WD-40 on top of it and around area. Problem fixed.

Will most likely wash off over time. Good thing it doesn't rain much where I am.

Amazed how that little thing can cause so much noise...

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
get some grease in it, they should last longer. WD-40 will only probly temp fix it for a couple of days

1 - 3 of 3 Posts