Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 sorento EX 2.0T AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking I'd like to get my headrests embroidered. Has anyone here had it done? I can't find any local places that can do it so I'm searching online to find a place that I can send them. Has anyone done this or know of any good places that can do it?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,692 Posts
it would help IF we knew were you are?

·
Registered
'19 Sorento S V6 AWD in Snow White, 2021 Seltos SX turbo AWD
326 Posts
Have you done a google search for "automobile upholstery near here"? That finds possibilities near me. Give that a try if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,589 Posts
So I'm thinking I'd like to get my headrests embroidered. Has anyone here had it done? I can't find any local places that can do it so I'm searching online to find a place that I can send them. Has anyone done this or know of any good places that can do it?
Have you considered laser engraving instead? Fairly easy to find shops that do it.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
778 Posts
Are you sure the headrests are leather or are they "matching vinyl". So little of an all leather interior is actually leather anymore that I'd be surprised if they were from actual hides.

·
Registered
2018 sorento EX 2.0T AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The places I called here outsource their embroidery and they don't want to embroider leather

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
836 Posts
What makes you say that?
Your EX has 100% vinyl coated fabric coverings on the head rests.
They don't look like leather, smell like leather or feel like leather because they aren't leather. If they were covered in real (semi-aniline or aniline) leather they would soak up the sweat and oils from one's hair and the result would be a gross smelling interior in no time.

·
Registered
2018 sorento EX 2.0T AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well they do look like leather but that is interesting to find out since the window sticker clearly says leather seating. But it does make sense that the headrests may not be leather due to the reasons you mentioned. But either way the type of embroidery machine would be the same if for leather or vinyl and my local shops here in ct can't/won't do it. I might have to get them laser etched with color fill at this point.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,831 Posts
Any reason you're unwilling to send them out to be done?
Problem is, it's $375, shipped, for custom work.
Gotta think someone out there would do them for less.

·
Registered
2018 sorento EX 2.0T AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm willing to ship them out but I know it would be much cheaper to find someone local. $375 to embroider 2 headrests is crazy. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple places that are working on quotes for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts