Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. Im new to the forums, but have learned a lot reading here. I bought a Rio5 SX about 3 weeks ago.

I was wondering if anyone here had a problem like the one I have this morning. I was cruising to work and the car suddenly turn on the lights for low tire pressure and open trunk door. A couple minutes later the radio started turning off and on. Also the dome and map lights does not turn on. Plus the keyless entry is not working. Don't know if there is anything else not working.

Other than that the car is running fine and normal. Anyone :confused:

I know maybe this was not the correct section for this discussion. But most of you spent your time here. Sorry and thanks

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
i haven't had any of those problems. Only electrical thing i have had is reverse camera stayed on a few times when i was in drive....

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
Possibly a loose ground connection... that can cause some wierd symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. I was thinking either that or some fuse blown. But was wondering if it had happen to someone else, to know if there was a specific connection that was prone to this failure. So I could look at it at least, before taking her in to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,930 Posts
A year the car was made would help... It sounds like a ground problem (corrosion) under the dash going to the BCM (body control module) OR a bad connection (again corrosion) at the battery or at the other ends of the battery cables (one going to the body/ground and the other going to the under hood fuse box).
A drop (lowering) of voltage feeding these items WILL cause all kind of problems that correcting the connections will correct.
The BCM controls the dome light, tire pressure indicator,trunk lid indicator, and keyless entry. The map lights and the radio are on different circuits.
With two separate problems happening at the same time I would be looking at "under the hood" ground problems FIRST.
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A year the car was made would help... It sounds like a ground problem (corrosion) under the dash going to the BCM (body control module) OR a bad connection (again corrosion) at the battery or at the other ends of the battery cables (one going to the body/ground and the other going to the under hood fuse box).
A drop (lowering) of voltage feeding these items WILL cause all kind of problems that correcting the connections will correct.
The BCM controls the dome light, tire pressure indicator,trunk lid indicator, and keyless entry. The map lights and the radio are on different circuits.
With two separate problems happening at the same time I would be looking at "under the hood" ground problems FIRST.
Dave
Thanks for all that info. I will look into it tonight. If I cant find the problem, I'll take it to service tomorrow morning.

The car is a 2013 model, but idk how to check the year it was made specifically ...

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,930 Posts
WHY....are you playing with a 2013 model??? Let the dealer handle it UNDER WARRANTY.. Even in Puerto Rico the warranty has to cover it.
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know... Just wanted to see if it was a loose cable or connection that could be put back in place easily. But never mind, already took her to the dealer. Thanks man

·
Registered
1 Posts
Searched through the older posts and was wondering if any of you could help. My wife's 2002 Kia Rio' s trunk light assembly broke and is hanging loose in the trunk. She tried to put it back in and touched the contact to the trunk metal and got a spark. Now, no radio, and the door open beeping doesn't stop. I checked every fuse in the car, under the hood and under the dash and could find none burned out. I'm not mechanically oriented and would like not to have to take it in for a repair that I could do for a couple bucks.
Thanks in advance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts