Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Kia Optima LX. There has been an ongoing issue with the power windows, power door locks, rear defrost, trunk latch, dome lights, and high beams do not work while the car is cold. When the weather is warm, there is no issue. For whatever reason, cold weather seems to just shut it down. I can still start the car and the dash lights and radio work properly. After the car has been running for a while, the headlights start to flicker on and off for about 15-30 minutes until the car is warm. Once the headlight flicker is over, everything works as it should. Windows work, dome lights come on, rear defrost will stay on. They will continue to work until the car cools down again and the symptoms start over.

I am at a complete loss. I have replaced the alternator, cleaned all the ground connections I could find, checked the fuses. Nothing seems to work. Everyone I've talked to has no idea. Any help or ideas to get this fixed is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.