Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Sorento
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2006 Optima was involved in a rear end collosion. The trunck lid and bumber were replaced. Prior to taking the car to the body shop every electrical circuit worked. After the repair I have some funny problems. Ist the door locks only work with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. The radio will only come on with the car started. However the speakers do not work. The digital clock will only be somewhat bright after the car had been driven a while. Other than that the car works as normal.

I have checked a fuses and they are fine.

I am at a loss right now. I have the wiring diagrams and I am starting to go thru them but I would like a place to start.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some how when the car was being serviced the tech's reconnected some wires to a alternate powersource. instead of the main power on always wiring harness? This happens to many people when installing car deck's (stereo) . some work when key is on and some doesn't matter if the key is even in the ignition. I would definately go back to the service shop and demand that they go over all the wires that were affected by the accident and have them fix it..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts