Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had electrical issues? I have a 2008 2.7 AWD with about 98,000 miles. A few months ago we started noticing issues with radio radomly turning off and back on, turn signals would change rhythm, headlights flickering and at times the car almost dies when flashing to high beams. These problems started and gradually became worse. I cleaned some easily accessable grounds (which weren't corroded at all) and issues cleared up, but only for a few days before gradually returning. I think disconnecting the battery may actually have been our temporary cure. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
electrical gremlins-problems fixed

I posted under 'electrical gremlins' about my issues with radio shutting off and on again, turn signal problems and occasionally the engine would momentarily stall. Most often but not always this happened with a sudden load like flashing the passing headlight high beams. A local mechanic found that the engine wasn't sufficiently grounded, even though I had removed and cleaned the factory ground to the engine. Simple fix was he added a ground from battery to one of the strut bolts then to the engine. He dressed it up with wire loom so it isn't noticeable. I read several posts with others having similar issues but no one posted if they ever found a fix. Hopefully this will help someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts