Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an interesting problem that I'm not sure how to fix.

I've got a 98 with electric power steering. Early this week I was driving home from work which takes about an hour and kept noticing the battery light flickering. I made a stop and the car wouldn't restart, battery was almost dead. I bump started it down a hill and drove the last 10 min to the house. As I drove the radio began flickering, interior lights dimmed, all signs of dead battery from dead alt. When I made the last couple turns to the house the power steering stopped working. Presumably because there was not enough battery power.

Didn't think much of it, changed the alternator today, got it started, took it for a drive.
Still no power steering. reset the low voltage check engine light. Still no power steering.

I've got no idea. All fuses Look fine. I can't even find a fuse that might control this.

Unless I've totally lost it and there is a hidden pulley with a belt, I could use some help here.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out. Was coicidence that ps went out with electric. Missing belt and that's what got me confused. Found the pump, belt was gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts