Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've just popped by from www.elantraclub.com and was wondering if you could help me out with a question.

I don't know much about the engine Kia had used from Hyundai. I know the Hyundai Elantra's Beta specs but nothing on what the Kia Cerato/Spectra Beta is like...

I was wondering if any of you would know if the Cams and Heads from the Cerato/Spectra Beta will fit the Elantra Beta.

I'm aware that the aussie Cerato has used the old non-HVT/CVVT 2.0litre Beta and that both engines have a 1975cc capacity.

I'm mainly asking because parts for the Cerato/Spectra Beta are alot cheaper than parts for the Hyundai Elantra Beta.

Thanks guys.

Dean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is the exact same engine, the only thing that is different is the ugly plastic engine cover.

I was actually at a Hyundai dealer a while ago, and all the techs were looing at my car up on the hoist and comparing it to a elantra and a tib. They said there wasnt a thing different.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks heaps, I know forsure the Cerato/Spectra uses the Beta II engine, the Beta is a 1975CC engine and the Cerato, Elantra and Tib have pretty much the same specs.

Thanks heaps once again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts