Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eiko ClearVision Supreme Bulbs Installed [pics]

After reading a few threads about headlight upgrades it seemed the best (and easiest) bet for getting a possibly brighter, more white low beam/fog lamp was to install the Eiko ClearVision Supremes. So, I bought some on eBay (links below) for a decent price and recently installed them.

For the low beams I got 2x H11B: Eiko-Ltd.com Products

For the fog lamps I got 2x 881: Eiko-Ltd.com Products

Purchased from a reseller on eBay:

EIKO H11B CVSU/2 X 1 SET BULB 55W CLEAR VISION SUPREME HEAD/FOG LIGHT LOW BEAM K | eBay

EIKO 881/H27 CVSU/2 X 2 BULBS 27W CLEAR VISION SUPREME BRIGHTER REPLACE FOGLIGHT | eBay

Are they as super white and bright as the manufacturer claims? Meh... They're OK. They don't seem that much brighter but, they do look a bit whiter. Not a huge difference but still better than the stock bulbs and I feel worth the $54 personally.

Anyway, below are some quick pics I took of them installed in my 2011 SX:

·
Registered
33 Posts
$54 seems kind of steep for just bulbs.
you can def do HIDs for same price, or cheaper. thats the route I went.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX
177 Posts
Your halogen headlights will never actually be brighter unless you increase the wattage. The brighter appearance is just a change in color so it looks whiter.

·
Registered
557 Posts
He's read the other threads, so knows the other tradeoffs. Like cheap HIDs being too blue, or blinding oncoming drivers, or being road-illegal.

They won't be much brighter, although they will be newer and maybe higher quality, so they could be measurably brighter. Most likely they're dimmer due to the blue-tint filter. At least white light is supposedly perceived as brighter.

Looks good. It's a mod I'd do.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
After reading a few threads about headlight upgrades it seemed the best (and easiest) bet for getting a possibly brighter, more white low beam/fog lamp was to install the Eiko ClearVision Supremes. So, I bought some on eBay (links below) for a decent price and recently installed them.

For the low beams I got 2x H11B: Eiko-Ltd.com Products

For the fog lamps I got 2x 881: Eiko-Ltd.com Products

Purchased from a reseller on eBay:

EIKO H11B CVSU/2 X 1 SET BULB 55W CLEAR VISION SUPREME HEAD/FOG LIGHT LOW BEAM K | eBay

EIKO 881/H27 CVSU/2 X 2 BULBS 27W CLEAR VISION SUPREME BRIGHTER REPLACE FOGLIGHT | eBay

Are they as super white and bright as the manufacturer claims? Meh... They're OK. They don't seem that much brighter but, they do look a bit whiter. Not a huge difference but still better than the stock bulbs and I feel worth the $54 personally.

Anyway, below are some quick pics I took of them installed in my 2011 SX:

The question is, how did you get your LED DRL strip to stay on at the same time as your low beams, or is that a US thing? It's been a while since that discussion.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The question is, how did you get your LED DRL strip to stay on at the same time as your low beams, or is that a US thing? It's been a while since that discussion.
Hmm, must be a U.S. thing. They stay on (but, get dimmer) when either parking lights or both parking lights and headlights are on. Looks pretty cool so glad they do that ;-)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's read the other threads, so knows the other tradeoffs. Like cheap HIDs being too blue, or blinding oncoming drivers, or being road-illegal.

They won't be much brighter, although they will be newer and maybe higher quality, so they could be measurably brighter. Most likely they're dimmer due to the blue-tint filter. At least white light is supposedly perceived as brighter.

Looks good. It's a mod I'd do.
Thx. Yeah, I'm not going to bolt on HID unless there is an official conversion kit or whatever it's called. Don't feel like "messing with the warranty" but, more so I don't want cheap looking blue lights on this thing.

I have read as many of the other headlight threads as I could and this seemed like a reasonable mod that I could try which wasn't too expensive. In the end I think they do look slightly better and more white so I'm happy with them.

It only took about 45 minutes to change out all 4. As others have mentioned, the passenger (USA) fog lamp was the hardest to reach. But, all possible to do attacking from the top. No need to remove the inner bumper liner as the manual states...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thx. Yeah, I'm not going to bolt on HID unless there is an official conversion kit or whatever it's called. Don't feel like "messing with the warranty" but, more so I don't want cheap looking blue lights on this thing.

I have read as many of the other headlight threads as I could and this seemed like a reasonable mod that I could try which wasn't too expensive. In the end I think they do look slightly better and more white so I'm happy with them.

It only took about 45 minutes to change out all 4. As others have mentioned, the passenger (USA) fog lamp was the hardest to reach. But, all possible to do attacking from the top. No need to remove the inner bumper liner as the manual states...
Morimoto Pretty much one of the best reasonable priced hid Kits... and If you don't want that ricer blue look but the very nice white.. get 4300K-5000K, you'll be happy with that white light.

H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I've driven with the new bulbs for a week I've noticed a few things. One, they do seem slightly brighter. It's hard for me to tell in the city/suburbs due to all the other lights around of course. But, I've been to the beach (pacific ocean) at night where it's darker and they do seem to light up the road a bit more. Not a ton more, but it is noticeable to me.

Also, they are for sure quite a bit visibly whiter. Well, at least to my eyes... They don't look that much whiter in the pics I attached but, when behind the wheel, they do seem more white in color than stock bulbs.

All in all, a good purchase IMO. They're also supposed to last just as long as standard bulbs (if not longer) so we'll have to wait and see I guess for that.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
I just fitted h7 blue 100 watt bulbs, that done the trick
If I were you I'd be keeping an eye on your wiring and headlight housings, stock is rated for 55 watts, you're drawing almost double that...much more stress and heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't buy

DON'T BUY!

It's yellower than the factory and expensive. I hated it... going back to my 11.99 bulbs from ebay.... or bling lights....

If you want the ones I have, just send a prepaid envelope to me and I will give them to you. Horrible!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DON'T BUY!

It's yellower than the factory and expensive. I hated it... going back to my 11.99 bulbs from ebay.... or bling lights....

If you want the ones I have, just send a prepaid envelope to me and I will give them to you. Horrible!
I can assure you they are whiter than the oem bulbs. Are they "the best"? No. But, I feel they're much better than the stock ones. But, just one guys opinion...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX AWD Silver Mineral
41 Posts
Eiko Bulbs Installed Too

I also did research and suggested the eiko supreme which I also purchased off of ebay for around the same price of $50.00 plus.

My opinion on these type of upgrades is the street becomes more like daylight but not bright as I expected like the more yellow lights Stock.

I do see farther and the signs up ahead do light up more overall as it is more of a distance and side view increase. But overall light upfront on the road do not light up as bright as the stock ones. I guess these throw light out to the sides and up front farther i guess.

However the driving lights make up for the light up front so overall the combination works. As I didn't want HID lights as I honestly don't think they work as good unless you buy a good set I believe. Plus most cars I see on the road with them look bad as you can tell it is all show. Unless it is a factor set up.

Would I do again and pay. NO Honestly. As I would like a hid projection head unit with the bulbs. As nothing else is just a waste of money and prone to tickets by the police.

Hope this helps as am alittle dissapointed with the bulbs but then again maybe the ones on ebay are bootlegg as I recently purchased bootlegg focal speakers on ebay so maybe I am just skeptical. ASE TECH for 20 years. Thanks:(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also did research and suggested the eiko supreme which I also purchased off of ebay for around the same price of $50.00 plus.

My opinion on these type of upgrades is the street becomes more like daylight but not bright as I expected like the more yellow lights Stock.

I do see farther and the signs up ahead do light up more overall as it is more of a distance and side view increase. But overall light upfront on the road do not light up as bright as the stock ones. I guess these throw light out to the sides and up front farther i guess.

However the driving lights make up for the light up front so overall the combination works. As I didn't want HID lights as I honestly don't think they work as good unless you buy a good set I believe. Plus most cars I see on the road with them look bad as you can tell it is all show. Unless it is a factor set up.

Would I do again and pay. NO Honestly. As I would like a hid projection head unit with the bulbs. As nothing else is just a waste of money and prone to tickets by the police.

Hope this helps as am alittle dissapointed with the bulbs but then again maybe the ones on ebay are bootlegg as I recently purchased bootlegg focal speakers on ebay so maybe I am just skeptical. ASE TECH for 20 years. Thanks:(
Thx for the feedback. I probably wouldn't buy again either so I feel ya there as it's not a humongous improvement. But, I'm also not disappointed either. Mine came in the retail (hang on the store shelf) packaging. Same as pictured in the manufacturers pics on their website. So, assume I received legit product from my guy in San Francisco. Again, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One last pic. This one was taken using my iPhone 4. This pic makes them look pretty white. But, it's mainly due to the iPhone and its lens/CCD. The pics in my original post were shot using my Pentax K-x 12.4 megapixel DSLR camera...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts