Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Eibach springs in to lower my Sorie. Has anyone done this yet? Can anyone give me any tips or tricks to doing this? This mod will lower her 1.2 inches all around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p

Cus he is probably just a ' street cruza ' & won't ever take it off road ... therefore .... the lower the better. Must agree though ... I'd be going up if any way ... the higher the better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:innocent:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 2WD LX and she is a City girl. Dirt road is the closest she will ever get to off roading. I want to to get rid of some of the space between the tires and the fenders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Changing the rear springs/shocks is easy.

The front requires the removal of the struts, of course, which is a bit time consuming. The top bolts are accessed through the engine compartment - on one side you gotta remove the battery, tray, and electric junction box, on the other side the air box has to come out. Then, the sway bar needs to be disconnected, and the upper a-arm removed from the frame (you can leave it attached to the upper ball joint) Once that is done, the struts will come out. Figure a couple hours per side. And use a big ol 24 in breaker bar to get the bolts off of the upper a-arm!

I'm guessing if you're lowering it you may have to shorten the length of the front sway bar connect, maybe the rear as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts