Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sportage LX 4WD (M/T)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the EGR Valve located on a 2007 Kia Sportage LX 4WD?

Check Engine Light is on, and need to clean my EGR valve to see if that solves the problem.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
4cyl or v-6?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Wait, this might not even have one. At least I cannot find it on Kiatechinfo.

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
151 Posts
Where is the EGR Valve located on a 2007 Kia Sportage LX 4WD?

Check Engine Light is on, and need to clean my EGR valve to see if that solves the problem.
From my first hand experience with EGR Valves, I can tell you that you have a couple of options. First, I'm assuming you know its the EGR valve because that's what the codes read with the ODB scanner right?

If so, try to confirm if it is stuck on the open or closed position. Basically, if the car starts, runs as if nothing is wrong, then the valve is stuck in the open position or partway closed. The role of this valve as i was told is not critical.

From what I remember, EGR valves are very hard to get to, so see if you can clear the codes first and the engine light will disappear. If you ignore it long enough, it will clear it self but from time to time, will come back on. Annoying yes, espessially with an engine light.

EGR Parts and Labor could run anywhere from 300 to 450 if I'm not mistaken. If you do need a replacement, look for rebuilt or second hand or eBay. I ran my old '97 Mazda for years with a stuck EGR valve and engine light on with no ill affects.

Good luck

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sportage LX 4WD (M/T)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my first hand experience with EGR Valves, I can tell you that you have a couple of options. First, I'm assuming you know its the EGR valve because that's what the codes read with the ODB scanner right?

If so, try to confirm if it is stuck on the open or closed position. Basically, if the car starts, runs as if nothing is wrong, then the valve is stuck in the open position or partway closed. The role of this valve as i was told is not critical.

From what I remember, EGR valves are very hard to get to, so see if you can clear the codes first and the engine light will disappear. If you ignore it long enough, it will clear it self but from time to time, will come back on. Annoying yes, espessially with an engine light.

EGR Parts and Labor could run anywhere from 300 to 450 if I'm not mistaken. If you do need a replacement, look for rebuilt or second hand or eBay. I ran my old '97 Mazda for years with a stuck EGR valve and engine light on with no ill affects.

Good luck
When the light came on, I had a feeling it was that before I got it checked, cause my previous vehicle with the manual transmission cause the EGR to have issues. Replaced it, but was still having issues and it wouldn't passed Inspection.....I want the problem fixed so when my inspection for this car comes up, it'll pass with flying colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts