Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After receiving the Product Improvement Campaign from Kia Canada, I brought my 2012 LX into the dealership yesterday to have them update its ECU’s software. So far, my ride is still smooth and am not having any trouble unlike what some of the owners of the 2016+ are experiencing after the recall. Has anyone had their update too? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Did you just receipt this? Can you scan and attach a copy. I'm not aware of any recent updates and would be interested in more details...thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
recall for ECU

Since taking my 2014 Kia Sorento GDI in for this recall my engine is using oil like crazy! Never had a problem with oil usage before this recall. I am putting 3 quarts of oil in it between scheduled 5000 mile services. It is about due for service again and I am going to tell the dealership about it. Some people say their oil stick was also changed as part of the recall but mine was not. I will post this on the 2014-15 Sorento forum but I seem to be finding more people having problems in the 2011-2013 models. I am wondering if this ECU has something to do with it since it started since the recall for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Vada Neil
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing